Clear.net spam levels

Senior Contributor

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 141 of 210 (662 Views)

@MikeHales

Can SOMEONE PLEASE explain WHY Vodafone can not block spam !!!!!!!

WHY can you not do this ???

Your so called "spam filters" DO NOT WORK.

Since Friday there has been an increase getting through the spam filters to the inboxes.

Some answers please.

Only thing I have seen is from ChrisB1....

"hi there, this is a knpown issue and our leaders are in the process of looking at making changes that should solve it. Please just hang in there a little longer I believe we are close to announcing a decision."

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Community-Spotlight-on-Vodafone/Spam-on-Paradise-email/m-p/211646...

COME ON...

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster Stevie Frequent Poster
Message 142 of 210 (657 Views)

@MikeHalesDid you receive my message on Geekzone, regarding this spam issue?

I was advised to create a new email, on Hotmail or Gmail for example. It is not exactly the solution I'm looking for.

Senior Contributor

Message 143 of 210 (640 Views)

Typical Vodafone.

Nothing from them to say theres a problem....NOTHING to say we are working on it.

ONCE AGAIN customers arre being bombarded with spam and whats Vodafone doing ????

God only knows.

Theres even nothing on the Service Status page to say theres a problem with spam levels

I also believe that legit emails are not getting through.

A communication company who are repeatably stupid at communiacting.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE FIRED !!

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 144 of 210 (637 Views)

@Stevie Apologies - didn't see it.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 145 of 210 (627 Views)

@capcomnz

Once again, apologies.

I've been in contact with the engineers and they're both aware of the issue and working on it actively. The challenge is we are adding capacity to the recently installed spam filter setup - which is in progress (couple of weeks) - and occasionally the overflow has gone through our previous setup, hence some spam getting through.

So, once again, sorry for not updating sooner but wanted to make sure I had all the facts first.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by sisyphia Starter Poster
Message 146 of 210 (587 Views)

I'm still getting lots of spam, some days more spam than legitimate emails. This has been going on for months now. Please Vodafone, get some effective spam filters. Other ISPs seem to be able to do it - why can't Vodafone? Oh, having just read Mike Hales' latest missive, I see that Vodafone has only two engineers. Maybe they need to employ more while the spam onslaught continues.

Senior Contributor

Message 147 of 210 (571 Views)

@MikeHales

Thanks Mike BUT frankly its just another worthless comment from Vodafone.

WHY should we beleive this latest "story".

This has been going on since April (for me anyway) and I have lost ALL respect for your company.

Your the only one giving answers to this. To that I thank you. You are the meat in the sandwich

BUT

I lodged a complaint about this issue and even then I DID NOT HEAR from anyone in a managerial position !!

THAT IS GUTLESS.

Little managers burying thier heads in the sand in a desperate attempt to make it go away

I do not beleive that Vodafone will fix this problem completely.

I beleive that you (as a company) do not have the mindset and capacity to stop simple out right spam emails from getting through.

Everyone else on this thead probably agrees.

They are fed up

When I see a full month (30 days) that I do not receive ONE spam email (like it was prior to April) THEN and only then will i think "perhaps" Vodafone has fixed the problem.

New Poster

by DavidBell64 New Poster
Message 148 of 210 (527 Views)

The spam levels have simply extrapolated beyond belief. Please tell me how I can delete the clearnet email account.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 149 of 210 (509 Views)

I have been having problems ( excluding the June outrage ), for a couple of weeks now. All they will tell me is "

Thank you for getting in touch. We sorry for the inconvenience caused to your email services. 
 I do understand your concerns around this ongoing issue; we have pinpointed delivery delay to the known spam issue. Please be advised that our team are actively working on both immediate & medium-term solutions to mitigate the spam issues.
Since it is an ongoing issue for us we do not have a specific timeframe as to when it will be resolved but it is definitely something that we are taking seriously to fix as soon as possible.  
At this stage, because this is causing a major disruption to your email services. I would recommend using an alternative email service for the time being to send/receive emails by using email serivce providers such as Hotmail, Outlook or Gmail.
Once again we are truly sorry for the frustration this has caused. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. "
Which needless to say is standfare from a Helpdesk person. Last nite I replied, including FairGo & someone at NZ Herald.

Most but not all of the problems they are creating for me, are for emails from Trademe. Which is mind boggling!. Why any ISP should treat those emails as "spam" is a good indication, that they are not in control of the situation. And probably won't be for the forseable future. They are even unable to find & forward said emails to me when I ask & they agree to do.

It's also worthy of noting that there is not "network outage" message on the Network Status info they provide.
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 150 of 210 (484 Views)

this is their latest

The current issue you are facing with your Clear.net emails is known by Vodafone and we are currently working to remedy this as a priority.

The issue is that our servers are currently flooded with SPAM which is resulting in delays of emails being sent and received as well as high numbers of SPAM emails for our customers, this has also affected some emails being undelivered because of a few platforms blacklisting our servers due to the spam. This is an ongoing issue and it is beyond our control as it is the other platforms blacklisting us. We are regularly controlling the spam but due to the complexity of the issue, it cannot be controlled all at once.

My suggestion would be to use gmail or hotmail as your email providers to guarantee the receiving and sending of the emails.

Since it is an ongoing problem for us we do not have a specific timeframe as to when it will be resolved but it is definitely something that we are taking seriously to fix as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience while we get the problem rectified.

on the problem.

Stats
  • 209 Replies
  • 31w ago
  • 58 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today