Clear.net spam levels

Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by DavidBeverleyMeade Starter Poster
Message 21 of 210 (669 Views)

The spam just keeps on comming, come on vodafone FIX the problem, surley this is also a privacy issue also, getting emails not addressed to us. come on fix it.

Starter Poster

Message 22 of 210 (646 Views)

1st july and spam keeps comming in at least 30 in the last 24 hrs, come on vodafone FIX your filters this is driving me crazy

Starter Poster

Message 23 of 210 (887 Views)

13/07/17 spam comming in thick today ,whats wrong with you vodafone ? all your talk of getting this fixed ha ha it just goes on and on, time for a change i think.

Starter Poster

by Bill47 Starter Poster
Message 24 of 210 (794 Views)

Have contacted them 3 times about all the **bleep** garbage spam coming through, and each time the same asnwer, we are workingon a new system to stop it. The first email I sent them was about 12 weeks ago, so they have shown they don't give a **bleep** and have actually not done a **bleep** thing.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 25 of 210 (739 Views)

Just a quick update to this thread that new filters have now been deployed and we're seeing some real improvements in regard to filtering spam. Hopefully you're not noticing anything except the absence of spam!

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Fra
Starter Poster

by Fra Starter Poster
Message 26 of 210 (723 Views)

I hope this is the start of some improvements but it has been long overdue and there has been a real lack of commucication (if not silence over the last two weeks) Weeks of forwarding on spam should hopefully of set your filters up to do the job.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 27 of 210 (764 Views)

Thank you Mike...first time in a long while  have seen no spam  at all in my inbox and a marked improvement in the spam folder even.. you can understand why I won't hold my breath right now though ! 

Hopefully things are on the improve.

this is a serious question .. will we see any form of compensation for the many months of spam we have had to endure with little to no communication at all from Vodafone ?  Or at the very least a letter of apology to all clearnet customers .  I'm talking something that tells us we are still valued customers to Vodafone .   I think you will agree no one should have to endure the level of service we have had to for such an extended period of time. We all know if this had happened on the main Vodafone network it would not have been tolerated.

thank you for your time. 

Cheers

Julie 

Posted from Apple iPad
Fra
Starter Poster

by Fra Starter Poster
Message 28 of 210 (738 Views)

Couldn't agree more with Julie2,

1.Bad communication (from a communications company) made worse by the fact the worse it gets the less communication we get.

2.The feeling that we are just legacy customers that they do not want.It is a chase to the bottom with cheaper Internet access and bundling of content.No one wants to take ownership of the provision of email (and associated costs) as the competition is offering the stripped back option as long as you sell your privacy to a google account etc.

3.Compensation? The spam is obvious,99% of it is either bulk mailed to alphabetical names (ie: batches of emails starting with f...) or with such obvious titles that anyone could guess it is spam.The filter on my Mac has been great at putting them in the spam folder but the shear volume indicates a problem at Vodafones end and as Julie points out,I am sure that Vodafones customers would not of suffered this long or been left this isolated and ignored.

4.I joined Clear because they challenged the incumbent and offered points of difference (ie customer care) When Telstra took over things carried on as normal and then Vodafone (with its global wealth and infrastructure) took over and again we were assured that everything would continue as before ... but it has not.If there was an email portability ruling as there is with mobile phone numbers,where we could hold our address but move between providers,then perhaps we would of seen a different response to our (ongoing) frustrations

A bad situation handled badly with little indication that those that take our monthly payment either care or understand.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 29 of 210 (720 Views)

@Fra@Julie2

I think your comments would be "disregarded" here by Vodafone and met with stony silence.

Why dont you take them to Fair Go. Seems the only way things get done in NZ nowdays is to approach the media.

fairgo@tvnz.co.nz

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 30 of 210 (714 Views)

@capcomnz I'm really hoping that won't be nessacary . I would like to think that @MikeHales will respond to my reasonable comments with a reasonable reply . It's not about money. It's about Vodafone acknowledging ( officially) how badly they have handled this , will let you know.

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 209 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 58 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors