Clear.net spam levels

Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Julie2 Starter Poster
Message 111 of 156 (300 Views)

Thank you Mike...first time in a long while  have seen no spam  at all in my inbox and a marked improvement in the spam folder even.. you can understand why I won't hold my breath right now though ! 

Hopefully things are on the improve.

this is a serious question .. will we see any form of compensation for the many months of spam we have had to endure with little to no communication at all from Vodafone ?  Or at the very least a letter of apology to all clearnet customers .  I'm talking something that tells us we are still valued customers to Vodafone .   I think you will agree no one should have to endure the level of service we have had to for such an extended period of time. We all know if this had happened on the main Vodafone network it would not have been tolerated.

thank you for your time. 

Cheers

Julie 

Posted from Apple iPad
Fra
Starter Poster

by Fra Starter Poster
Message 112 of 156 (274 Views)

Couldn't agree more with Julie2,

1.Bad communication (from a communications company) made worse by the fact the worse it gets the less communication we get.

2.The feeling that we are just legacy customers that they do not want.It is a chase to the bottom with cheaper Internet access and bundling of content.No one wants to take ownership of the provision of email (and associated costs) as the competition is offering the stripped back option as long as you sell your privacy to a google account etc.

3.Compensation? The spam is obvious,99% of it is either bulk mailed to alphabetical names (ie: batches of emails starting with f...) or with such obvious titles that anyone could guess it is spam.The filter on my Mac has been great at putting them in the spam folder but the shear volume indicates a problem at Vodafones end and as Julie points out,I am sure that Vodafones customers would not of suffered this long or been left this isolated and ignored.

4.I joined Clear because they challenged the incumbent and offered points of difference (ie customer care) When Telstra took over things carried on as normal and then Vodafone (with its global wealth and infrastructure) took over and again we were assured that everything would continue as before ... but it has not.If there was an email portability ruling as there is with mobile phone numbers,where we could hold our address but move between providers,then perhaps we would of seen a different response to our (ongoing) frustrations

A bad situation handled badly with little indication that those that take our monthly payment either care or understand.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor capcomnz Regular Contributor
Message 113 of 156 (256 Views)

@Fra@Julie2

I think your comments would be "disregarded" here by Vodafone and met with stony silence.

Why dont you take them to Fair Go. Seems the only way things get done in NZ nowdays is to approach the media.

fairgo@tvnz.co.nz

Starter Poster

by Julie2 Starter Poster
Message 114 of 156 (250 Views)

@capcomnz I'm really hoping that won't be nessacary . I would like to think that @MikeHales will respond to my reasonable comments with a reasonable reply . It's not about money. It's about Vodafone acknowledging ( officially) how badly they have handled this , will let you know.

Posted from Apple iPad
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 115 of 156 (225 Views)
@Julie2 @Fra
I think you both raise fair points. We didn't communicate well enough and for that I certainly apologise. I will certainly raise your other points internally and come back to you with a response. Will be next week as I'm on leave for a few days, sorry haven't been as attentive to community as usual this week-long so only saw this post this evening.
I have spoken with the engineers concerned and seen the before and after stats, the volume was staggering but the revamped filters are working very well, as I'm sure you've noticed.
Thank you for your feedback and considered comments.
m
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Julie2 Starter Poster
Message 116 of 156 (210 Views)

Cheers @MikeHales . Will look forward to that.

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by bikbok Starter Poster
Message 117 of 156 (199 Views)

yes, the spam levels have finally decreased but a few are still getting through each day.

The most frustrating thing in all of this was the lack of comunication and lack of awknowledgement about the issue. Take facebook for example.. the newsfeed could have awknowledged the issue publically with assurances on what is being done.  trying to find info on the issue was difficult,  Public awknowledgement would have shown we were valued as customers and not shoved aside until we contacted personally to be told " fwd the spam as an attachmentds"  blah blah blah.

You can do better vodafone.

I am Pleased that the spam has finally decreeased , However, I have just discovered that two online websites that I know of (Library and mightyape) have had emails they send to my clear.net address  bounce  back to them ..
Is this a new problem with clear.net???    those are the two that I know about, I hope there is not more.

Regular Contributor

Message 118 of 156 (196 Views)

@bikbok

There was a problem the other day (17th - 18th) after they updated their filters. The service status page said users were experiancing problems with sending/receiving.

It was fixed, so that may of been the problem if the emails in question happened to be sent to you in this timeframe.

New Poster

by Robertx New Poster
Message 119 of 156 (148 Views)

I'm still receiving Panamanian spam emails. Why after all this time has something not been done to rectify this?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 120 of 156 (142 Views)

@MikeHales

Can someone there, Mike, please explain why spam is still coming through even with the new filters ???

Myself, I'm getting about one a day BUT its for stuff that is definitely spam, you can not confuse this with anything else.

I mean it’s got "Penisole" in the subject line !! (or something similar)

Why is this getting through and not being caught?

And yes I am forwarding to missedspam etc etc.

The new filters are working but its still letting through spam that should be caught.

Stats
  • 155 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 39 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today