Clear.net spam levels

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Regular Contributor capcomnz Regular Contributor
Message 91 of 208 (449 Views)

Its a long time known problem that they had intended to have a fix in place by the end of June BUT decided to continue making better upgrades to the system.

Should be in place by mid-July

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Network-status/Increase-of-spam-volume-to-Paradise-and-Clearnet-a...

Frankly I dont forward the spam in the spam folder (webmail) as thats already been caught.

Thats why its in a spam folder !

This will happen if you have Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail or whatever. It will always go to a Spam or Junk folder.

I understand this happens in case a false positive results on a legit email.

I only forward (as an attachment) the spam that atcually makes it to my Inbox.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 92 of 208 (416 Views)

Thought it had improved but over the last week it has got even worse..

Posted from Android 6.0
Regular Contributor

Message 93 of 208 (412 Views)

@anzac1957

Cant say its gotten worse....still very average.

Fri, Sat and sun had none  !!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????

Monday 8, Tues 5 and today so far 3.

Again thats to my Inbox.......I dont count the c**p that is in the spam folder. Couldnt care less about it.

Hopefully @MikeHales could give us an update.

Frequent Poster

Message 94 of 208 (405 Views)

Unfortunately, I have to check the online spam folder as it is also filtering out emails I should be getting.. today one email amongst 5 pages of spam in the webmail folder.. 

Posted from Android 6.0
Regular Contributor

Message 95 of 208 (400 Views)

@anzac1957

Thats a pain.

You reporting these missed false positives back to vodafone??

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/21209/~/clearnet%3A-an-email-from-a-friend-was-ma...

Frequent Poster

Message 96 of 208 (376 Views)

Can't attach emails on Android platform. They need another system with changing operating systems.

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 97 of 208 (364 Views)

Sadly, for those of us using webmail so that we can access our mail across platforms and devices, reporting false positives and missed spam is not an option. Clearnet email apparently is only designed for downloading to a single device with an appropriately supported platform, as this is the only way that you can report false positives and missed spam. This makes it a dinosaur in contemporary society, which is probably the root of all its current woes.

Regular Contributor

Message 98 of 208 (359 Views)

@JulieS

Clearnet uses, like a lot of older email systems, the POP format which makes it harder to retain emails across other devices.

If you want to do this make sure your email option on your phone/tablet OR whatever is "leaving a copy of the email on the server", that way the email will be accessable across all paltforms.

Otherwise go to the IMAP system (like Gmail). I know its about $5 a month to do this with Clearnet. Its called Mail+ ?? I think.

Of course that doesnt solve the reporting issue you have.

I dont rely on my phone/tablet to do this. I get my emails to my laptop.

I do have my Gmail account checking my Clearnet account so I do get notified of new emails on my iPad or iPhone but even the Gmail app is limited.

I dont think I have ever seen an app for a device (phone or tablet) that has the ability to "forward as an attachemt"

Starter Poster

by DavidBeverleyMeade Starter Poster
Message 99 of 208 (358 Views)

Still the spam keeps comming???????? was going to be fixed months ago, what a joke.

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 100 of 208 (353 Views)

Thanks for that. It is very useful information. I'm actually transitioning to another ISP, and have almost finished moving all my clearnet email to a more functional and user friendly email provider that does not use the archaic POP format. After my experience with clearnet I have decided that having a primary email account tied to a specific ISP is not all that wise. It limits your options and chains you to that ISP.

Stats
  • 207 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 56 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today