Clear.net spam levels

Senior Contributor

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 71 of 210 (764 Views)

@Julie2@MikeHales

Complaint laid with Vodafone back on the 10th June....NO real resolution and feel keep getting fobbed off.

Mike Hales knows about this and is going to look into it and excalate my complaint further...THAT better be Monday 3rd July as email already drafted for Fair Go !!

I have ( as well as many others) had a complete GUTSFULL of this so called "service" and I use that term b****dy lightly !!

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 72 of 210 (763 Views)

While many of us feel like we should stop paying for a service that is not provided, I somehow believe that Vodafone's argument would be that we are still receiving a service - internet, phone, and so on - so not paying an account could seriously backfire. Personally, a refund would be great, but having previously loyal customers vote with their feet would be more effective. At least we would be better off, and we would have the service that we are paying for, and possibly get more for considerably less cost and far less stress.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 73 of 210 (758 Views)

@JulieS not for me... I do not have phone and Internet with them . Purely my email address which I access by webmail. Unfortunalty my account is in credit so withholding payment not feasible. Honestly I'm not trying to cause trouble. I simply want some straight answers to the situation.

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by IanB Starter Poster
Message 74 of 210 (751 Views)

118 spam emails in the last 2 days. Please convince me you are actually going to succeed. You have previously said you are working on this and making progress, yet this happens?  

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 75 of 210 (724 Views)

A few years back I also paid for just the webmail account as it is one that I've had for nearly two decades and it is my primary address. If that was still the case I would be wanting refunds too because it is not fit for the purpose intended! I wonder if the consumer guarantees act applies here - it could be argued that it is a product that is not functioning as it should be.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 76 of 210 (692 Views)

@JulieS@JonathonRaynerBurt@IanB@Julie2@capcomnz

Apologies all once again for the spam.

I've been in contact with the engineers involved and work is continuing with quite a lot happening during July to upgrade the system. As noted in the thread, there's still spam getting through which is frustrating I'm sure - as it is for us. The current process of reporting email spam (Clear and Paradise) to us still applies - please note that the process doesn't work for webmail.

I can only state again that it is a high priority for us and we're really sorry for the inconvenience. 

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 77 of 210 (647 Views)

@MikeHales

Thank you for the update.

Did they give a timeframe of when they expect this to be permanantly done ?

At present I've seen comments about fixes in place in the next 2-3 weeks and that was mid june !!

Then this lastest lot of spam hits us.....makes you wonder

"quite a lot happening during July"

Sounds like they are overhauling the spam filtering system.

Does this mean we can except periods when spam will make it through the filters?

Hope you can advise of a timeframe of when this will be completed

Starter Poster

by DavidBeverleyMeade Starter Poster
Message 78 of 210 (592 Views)

Still the spam keeps comming getting sick of this vodafone, for sanitys sake FIX the problem, you said would be fixed months ago

Starter Poster

by DavidBeverleyMeade Starter Poster
Message 79 of 210 (589 Views)

Come on Mike, you stated the spam problem would be fixed,ages ago, still its comming in daily in droves, FIX the problem , getting sick of this 

Starter Poster

by TeArohaPaenga Starter Poster
Message 80 of 210 (588 Views)

Still receiving 3 or more pages of spam mail daily. Also receiving spam mail in to inbox.

Have contacted Vodafone about this 2 or 3 times already - there has been no change!

Stats
  • 209 Replies
  • 31w ago
  • 58 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today