Clear.net spam levels

Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by IanB Starter Poster
Message 81 of 210 (848 Views)

118 spam emails in the last 2 days. Please convince me you are actually going to succeed. You have previously said you are working on this and making progress, yet this happens?  

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 82 of 210 (644 Views)

Yes, I too, have been experiencing high volumes of spam in my inbox. I think there are 10 spam to 1 actual email. Spam folder still accummulating masses of spam, which I am deleting regularly throughout the day. I am in the process of changing my email account as I have run out of patience. My clearnet webmail is no longer 'fit for purpose'. I am also in the process of changing ISPs, which has not been an easy decision. I kept hoping that the situation would improve, and after about 4 months it hasn't.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 83 of 210 (638 Views)

@MikeHales@JulieS

Yeah since 7:40 am when I turned on the laptop till now (11:19am) I have had 12 spam emails to the inbox.

Thats one every 18 minutes !!!

At this rate i'll get more than when everything crashed back in the beginning of June !

I to have lost patience with Vodafone and this ongoing fiasco.

I also agree that clearnet email system is NOT fit for purpose.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 84 of 210 (636 Views)

Yes me too .. in the process of changing to another ISP and email addy .. it's disgusting how we are expected to put up with this. I can't help thinking that it is part of the 'plan' to close the clearnet and paradise servers down  altogether. If this level of spam was happening on main Vodafone emails it would not be tolerated.. I wonder if they expect us to pay our bills?

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 85 of 210 (623 Views)

@MikeHales

The on-going  spam situation on clear.net and paradise.net is ridiculous.  

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/some-vodafone-customers-suffer-fourth-day-spam-deluge-ck-203987

Have engineers got tired out and stopped working round the clock?

Spark are taking email spam firewalls seriously

https://smxemail.com/new-zealands-largest-telco-replaces-yahoo-with-smx-managed-messaging-email-solu...

Google also

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/31/google-says-its-machine-learning-tech-now-blocks-99-9-of-gmail-spa...

It would be useful for Vodafone customers to know:

Why the situation exists?

What technical solutions are proposed to fix it?

When these solutions will be implemented, it's been 3 or 4 months now of problems?

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 86 of 210 (525 Views)

Just checked my clearnet webmail this morning from clearing all spam around 1am. Inbox - 20 spam and no actual real email. Spam folder - 39 spam. Conclusion = I do not have an email account as I understand it. Instead, I have a spam account that I pay for as part of my overall package. This does not compute.

Starter Poster

by mikedon1 Starter Poster
Message 87 of 210 (505 Views)

Yep! Back to the same old same old. Had a couple of weeks with very little spam but now its back with a vengeance. Maybe the previous team left Vodafone on 1 July and the new bunch have a slow learning curve, before they too will leave.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 88 of 210 (502 Views)

Vodafone .. can you actually give us an answer as to why it's so difficult to fix? I am just a little tired of the answers that you will check , that you will escalate the complaint. What is the issue? Can someone come back to us with this?

i would also like an answer re costs for the email service. Obviously no one should be paying anything when their email address is virtually unusable. 

Its been a few months now and no one is actually answering our concerns. Is this something that we need to go to something like Fair Go to look at on our behalf? How do others feel?

Posted from Apple iPad
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 89 of 210 (861 Views)

@Julie2@MikeHales

Complaint laid with Vodafone back on the 10th June....NO real resolution and feel keep getting fobbed off.

Mike Hales knows about this and is going to look into it and excalate my complaint further...THAT better be Monday 3rd July as email already drafted for Fair Go !!

I have ( as well as many others) had a complete GUTSFULL of this so called "service" and I use that term b****dy lightly !!

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 90 of 210 (860 Views)

While many of us feel like we should stop paying for a service that is not provided, I somehow believe that Vodafone's argument would be that we are still receiving a service - internet, phone, and so on - so not paying an account could seriously backfire. Personally, a refund would be great, but having previously loyal customers vote with their feet would be more effective. At least we would be better off, and we would have the service that we are paying for, and possibly get more for considerably less cost and far less stress.

Stats
  • 209 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 58 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors