Clear.net spam levels

New Poster

Clear.net spam levels

by JonathonRaynerBurt New Poster
Message 1 of 118 (1,357 Views)

Hi team

I'm on an old clear.net email address and in the last two weeks I've noticed a dramatic upturn in the amount of spam I'm getting - to the tune of 3-4 an hour from zero prior to that.

Are spam filters still being updated on this old domain?

Kind regards

Jonathon

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 118 (1,353 Views)

@JonathonRaynerBurt

Thanks for the post, yes we're aware of the sudden rise and have been amending the filters accordingly. Apologies for the hassle.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster lisarog Regular Poster
Message 3 of 118 (1,339 Views)

I'm getting LOTS to ihug.co.nz  addresses too, hence coming here.  Smiley Happy

New Poster

by BraidenThomson New Poster
Message 4 of 118 (1,337 Views)

Large amount via Paradise.net.nz too

Staff

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 5 of 118 (1,324 Views)

Hi guys,

Clearnet and paradise are getting a huge influx of emails atm, if you could forward as many as you can to missedspam@clear.net.nz OR missedspam@paradise.net.nz depending on which you have. And also be assured our technical team is working hard to remedy the issue as quickly as possible.

-Becka

Trained in the art of assassinating your tech issues ~ Official Vodafone Ninja
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster lisarog Regular Poster
Message 6 of 118 (1,259 Views)

Hi again, where do I forward IHUG spam to?  I forwarded a few to the clear.net addy just before, as I couldn't find the ihug equivilent.  

Starter Poster

by GailBray Starter Poster
Message 7 of 118 (1,101 Views)

Hi for a few months I have been getting excessive amounts of spam and its doing my head in so much I think I will change providers. If clear cant get on top of it by now, after this length of time , its ridiculously poor service. I have better things to do with my time than forward 14 emails  a day to missedspam because someone cant do their job properly. I have phoned a few times to complain and still the problem seems to get worse. The addresses it all comes from are obvious spam so why aren;t clear stopping it before it gets as far as my inbox ? 

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 8 of 118 (1,088 Views)

@GailBray

Thanks for your post and apologies for the amounts of spam. We have suffered a number of waves of spam over the past few months but have been actively updating our spam filters on the servers as well as other measures. Unfortunately, it is a bit of a game of whack-a-mole. That said if you could find the time to send a few examples to us, that would help us.

We will get on top of this and continue to update as regularly as possible.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by GailBray Starter Poster
Message 9 of 118 (1,015 Views)

Do you want to whack that mole a bit harder ?? i have continued to forward emails to missedspam, and still this problem is getting worse ! I have recieved about 8 spam emails  this morning alone so this is absolutly beyond ridiculous now , going on for month and months. sort it please

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 10 of 118 (958 Views)

I too have a clearnet webmail account, and it was the only reason I signed up with Vodafone back in the day. I have been very pleased with Vodafone. However, for several months now I have been drowning in spam. I currently get 100+ a day. Forwarding emails to 'missed spam' does not work, as I do not use an app to download my email to a device. I use webmail because I need to access my email across multiple devices on the go - this is why webmail exists. There has been a massive increase in spam over the past few days. So I decided not to delete the spam every hour for the past day or so, and after 2 1/2 days I have 303 spam emails. I find this unacceptable. If the local university can deal to spam BEFORE it gets to an account, why is it taking so long for an actual ISP to deal with this issue? Not sure how much longer I can live in hope of a solution.

Stats
  • 117 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 34 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today