Cancelled Voda BB, this is what I learned.

Regular Poster

Cancelled Voda BB, this is what I learned.

by Regular Poster 021408309 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 4 (396 Views)

I have been trying to stay with Vodafone while upgrading to fibre (been with them since 1995 and we all know the PITA of having to change email addresses etc.). After many attempts (including directly contacting the Voda CEO) I finally got to speak to a sales person. I asked him about dals for existing customers. He told me that Voda can only be competitive with the other fibre providers for customers who ALSO have Sky. 

I didn't think I heard right so I asked:

"So are you saying that if I don't have Sky with vodafone, then you can't be price competitive with other Fibre providers, even for long-standing vodafone customers?" to which he said "Yes, that is a decision our marketing department has made".

So I chose another provider (who offered better speed combinations as well as no packet shaping to bandwidth limiting) and then contacted Voda to arrange cancellation of my service with them.

The very helpful Nina asked why I was cancelling after so many years and I ran through the events. She said that the sales person was wrong. What he told me "is defintely not correct". 

Go figure... It seems to me that Voda is a mess. Not only did I never receive any offers or notifications about fibre availability or plans/deals/promotions/pricing from them (lots from their competitors), it took ages for me to contact anyone myself and when I did they provided innacurate information.

My new provider has been awesome to date. Hopefullt the switchover goes smoothly. I'm very sorry to loose a long standing relatioship with a provider of many services to my family. I tried a lot harder than I should have had to, to stay with vodafone, but Vodafone really pushed me away. 

If someone from Vodafone would like to contact me about my experience so that they can improve things for the other customers, feel free. Or send me a feedback form or something. I offered this to Nina as well but it isn't within her realm of responsibility, or so she said.

Community Manager

Re: Cancelled Voda BB, this is what I learned.

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (393 Views)

@021408309

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry for the way things worked out. Please do direct message me (click on my name) with the details so that I can follow up internally.

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MarkLarsen Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

well atleast they didnt give you a great deal on fibre then reneg on the deal because Chorus wont deal with vodafone,
the only way i can get fibre is Quote "change broadband providers"

also oddly the website doesnt let you order sky with fibre

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster 021408309 Regular Poster
Message 4 of 4 (366 Views)

Are you saying that Chorus won't install fibre if you are a vodafone customer? Surely that isn't true.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today