Can't access some websites

Starter Poster

Can't access some websites

by GreenShirt3 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (214 Views)

It's actually just one website (www.asx.com.au).  It's the Australian sharemarket site and I used to be able to access it until a few days ago when suddenly all I started getting was a blank white page, no message, just a blank white page.  I can access the site fine from a computer at the local library.

Both my home computers have this problem, both are running Windows Explorer.  The modem gets turned off at the wall whenever i'm not online.

Starter Poster

Re: Can't access some websites

by kellyus Starter Poster
Message 2 of 5 (176 Views)

So you cannot open it from your connection?

did you ping the domain of the website?

try to open with another browser!

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (149 Views)

Thanks kellyus.  I tried pinging the website but zero response.  I then tried using Google Chrome and it connected.  I'm mystified.  I'd still like to access it with Windows Explorer to save having to swap browsers.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by BrettP Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (146 Views)

Just fyi, I just checked and I can log in to http://www.asx.com.au using Internet Explorer. 

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)

Hi BrettP.  I used to be able to access www.asx.com.au from my home computers using Internet Explorer but it suddenly stopped.  All I get now if I use IE is a blank white page with the URL showing at the top.  It's as though the modem is blocking access, yet I can get through using Chrome.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today