Can I auto top up rbi?

Starter Poster

Can I auto top up rbi?

by dgcfx Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,483 Views)
When I come to the end of my 30gb monthly allowance on voda rbi, the router pushes me to a top up agreement for another 15gb at a time. Is there any way to automate this so I don't have interrupted service and manual fiddling every time I need a recharge? I can think of scenarios, e.g away from home and cloud security camera blocked which would make the manual to pups more than just an inconvenience. ultimate broadband appears to offer this with their rbi service. Voda?
Posted from Apple iPad
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Can I auto top up rbi?

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (1,479 Views)

No unfortunately you can't do that. That's kind of the whole idea around flexi data however, to have security and control over how much you are spending in additional data. Smiley Happy

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 3 of 5 (1,449 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion @dgcfx. I'll email it through to one one of the segment managers who manage RBI as a product.

Starter Poster

by dgcfx Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (1,332 Views)

Smiley FrustratedSorry, but this really needs work differently/better ASAP.

I've tried topping up several times this month, and the auto-redirect to the top-up page has been dodgey every single time.  Sometimes it eventually works, but today, I had to CALL vodafone, sit on HOLD for 20 mins, and then was able to have it topped up manually by customer service.  I can't be sitting on hold on the phone several times a month for this, not acceptable.

Hey voda, have a look at ultimatebroadband.co.nz which resells your RBI service.  Bigger plans at better prices, with auto topups at best possible package price, all sorted for maximum customer value and convenience.  If a dinky little reseller can do it, why can't you?

The notion that this is somehow a feature giving me "control" is just lame. If some people want that "feature" make it a choice, i.e. just like on mobile, either auto-topup or don't, or auto-topup up to n times per cycle, or auto-topup, but only at least m days apart, etc.  That's how you do it. Choice!  The redirect you've implemented is just plain unreliable and doesn't cover the use case for home RBI.

And also, it misses the point of what a fixed home internet connection is all about.  It's not mobile, where you hold it in your hand and can easily top it up.  Maybe I'm not home.  Or maybe I want to look at my home internet security cameras, or maybe those cameras want to upload a photo to the cloud, but oops, they can't, because my data needs a topup and I'm not there to do it, and even if I was, it barely works.  Get it?  The way you've done it is no good!  

Now normally I'd be OK with all this, and it would be Voda's problem whether RBI succeeds in the market.  But when you've taken a nice heap of NZ taxpayer money to subsidise the rollout, it really needs to work better than it does.

On the plus side, data rate is good (so far) and connection is reliable, which is more than I can say for my old Spark ADSL connection. But this topup is a serious issue that has me thinking about cancellation.

Looking forward to seeing some quick progress, not a brushoff.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 5 of 5 (1,217 Views)

I sent the feedback through. They replied, thanked me for passing it on and said they're looking into it.

It would be quite a big change to the service which they'll need to evaluate. I'll be sure to reply if I hear of any changes.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today