Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since upgrade

Starter Poster

Re: Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since u

by anzac_1957 Starter Poster
Message 21 of 31 (641 Views)

Now waiting for support phoneline to be answered. told earlier may end up waiting a few days for techs to fix. was working fine before they started 'upgrade' work today. .

Annoyed plus plus..

Posted from Samsung GT-N8010
Starter Poster

Re: Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since u

Message 22 of 31 (630 Views)

Meantime there is an update to say what has been done, but no mention of where things are with Kapiti..

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Network-status/Cable-network-upgrades-Wellington-Kapiti-amp-Chris...

At least the guy on the help desk phone line has been as helpful as he can be..

Please don't fix what wasn't broken and then leave it broken.. grrrr

Starter Poster

Message 23 of 31 (594 Views)

Huge thanks to the IT helpdesk staff. . Pleasant to deal with and now reconnected.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Baldrick Regular Poster
Message 24 of 31 (592 Views)

Another update from me if anyone is interested:

Speed seems to be much better 10/100 but the latency is terrible and the ping is all over the place.  Last night the kids were complaining that they couldn't even play any online games as the lag and ping was so terrible.  Even speed test failed a number of times due to latency problems.

As we haven't been advised that the end date has changed and today is the last day of Sept, everything should be sorted by the end of today. 

New Poster

by NateDavey New Poster
Message 25 of 31 (578 Views)

I have the same cable plan as you mate, and getting the same issues.. l am from Wainuiomata,Lower Hutt

Regular Poster

Message 26 of 31 (554 Views)

Well it would appear that they still have a few more nodes to do.  So I guess now we have to wait till possibly Saturday to see if everything gets sorted once they complete all areas.

I didn't bother testing last night as I thought I may as well wait till they finish the upgrades.  The speed, performance and ping seems to go up and down, so fingers crossed come Saturday it's all fixed and becomes fast, stable and reliable.

Starter Poster

by banj0man Starter Poster
Message 27 of 31 (532 Views)

Any update on this? it is the now 2nd Sep and was meant to be finished by the 1st and still get pretty average internet. No longer 5mbps (so a bit of improvement) but still only reaching around 15mbps at night

Starter Poster

Message 28 of 31 (530 Views)

Please tell me that this isn't the final result "The physical upgrading of Nodes in Wellington, Kapiti and Christchurch is now complete. Thank you for your patience over the last two months while this work has been completed."
Please tell me that there is going to be some loading balance or something that is going to bring the speeds up to at least over half of the speeds being advertised on the plans?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 29 of 31 (1,381 Views)

Happy to report for me the upgrades seem to have sorted the issue I was having.... touch wood it stays that way.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Baldrick
‎07-10-2015 04:39 PM
Starter Poster

Message 30 of 31 (460 Views)

Same here, ours appeared to have been a modem issue on top of the slow network. Works fine now. Thanks vodafone

Stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 10 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today