Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since upgrade

Regular Poster

Re: Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since u

by Regular Poster Baldrick Regular Poster
Message 11 of 31 (689 Views)

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the prompt reply, so all going well then we should all be enjoying fast, reliable internet by the end of next week. 

This is great to hear and I look forward to it,

Cheers

Retired Staff

Re: Cable network upgrades. Wellington, Kapiti & Christchurch - Miramar connection worse since u

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 12 of 31 (685 Views)

Thank you. We're very much looking forward to it getting sorted too. Smiley Happy

Regular Poster

Message 13 of 31 (649 Views)

Update for anyone who is interested:

Speed still consistant 10/30 which is good, still not getting over 30 down but will see next week once they complete the work at the end of Sept.

Cheers

Starter Poster

by AceJase Starter Poster
Message 14 of 31 (629 Views)

Hi Dylan,

Do you know or are you able to find out what the timeframe for Wainuiomata is? I have been patiently awaiting an improvement in service since the letter in July however it has only become worse over that time - I don't even bother to try browsing in the evenings as any site with any substantial content (Facebook, for instance) takes about 10-15min to load to a point where it usable.

I will admit it does fill me with a sense of odd nostalgia for the old 28.8k days, though...

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 15 of 31 (622 Views)

AceJase wrote: ... Do you know ... what the timeframe for Wainuiomata is? ...

Hi AceJase

I understand there are about 5 nodes in Wainuiomata that are lined up to be worked on in the next week. Keep an eye on our network status section where we list the network nodes that will experience an outage that day as an indication, that's available here - http://www.vodafone.co.nz/cableupgrades

After the network node is cut over there may potentially be some further tweaks from our network engineers. Good news is that it's all just about complete.

Cheers

Dylan

Starter Poster

by AceJase Starter Poster
Message 16 of 31 (616 Views)

Thank you Dylan - can we please have more people like you running the helpdesk?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 17 of 31 (547 Views)

Hi guys,

Another update from me; back to 10/100 in the morning which is good, but the ping seems very unstable ranging from 20-300MS. 

I will test the speed tonight and see what results I get, but certainly looking a whole lot better than it was.

New Poster

by mwpq New Poster
Message 18 of 31 (537 Views)

Hi Dylan, could you let me know when Newlands to be upgraded?

Speed is OK during day time but very very very slow at night. Just did a speed test download is 5MB and upload is 10MB. I am on 100/10MB plan. Unfortunately I am mainly using Internet at night time. It has been for couple of weeks.

Regular Poster

Message 19 of 31 (524 Views)

Another update:

Speed seems ok but the ping is all over the place still... gaming lag is terrible.  Hoping this is just fine tuning as the upgrades are all scheduled to be completed tomorrow which is the end of Sept.

Starter Poster

by anzac_1957 Starter Poster
Message 20 of 31 (512 Views)

It would have been good to have had something in the mailbox this week to warn about upgrade today in Kapiti. Not happy as rely on broadband for my work. Afternoon with no Internet connection and still not back up.

Expect better communication from a communications company.

Posted from Samsung GT-N8010
Stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 10 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today