Broadband connection to Fibre and still haven't been connected.. Its been 5 months!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Broadband connection to Fibre and still haven't been connected.. Its been 5 months!!

by warren_dowson New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,360 Views)

Im normally a very patient person but yesterday was the last straw...  After 5 months waiting i finally got a call last week saying that someone will be around on Monday to inspect the place and someone needed to be home.. I was like yes finally!!! So organised for my partner to have a half day at work... The guy came around and did the inspection. He said that we will have to cut the neighbours branches off the tree so the cable they were going to replace wont be obstructed... Unfortunately the neighbours said no to cutting the branches.. ( Frustrating ) but i was prepared for the cable to be run under the driveway.. I took the day off yesterday ( Which i don't get paid for ) but no one turned up... NOT HAPPY... and after all this im STILL being charged with my old contracted price for broadband ( which is crap in my area )  and i have been off contract for 5 months...

We share a driveway with our neighbours behind us and they had their fibre connection connected in 2 weeks from start to finish.... its been 5 months and i still don't have mine.. Think i have been reasonable and do understand that sometimes these things take time.. but 5 months is becoming ridiculous.. Hope someone can help me...

Warren.

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Broadband connection to Fibre and still haven't been connected.. Its been 5 months!!

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (1,277 Views)

Hi there this seems frustrating, can you please email some details to onlinecare@vodafone.co.nz so we can take a look

Vodafone Social Media Team
Retired Staff

Re: Broadband connection to Fibre and still haven't been connected.. Its been 5 months!!

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 3 (1,274 Views)

Check out the www.geekzone.co.nz and read about shared drive way issues for end users that want to get fibre installed, Consent is required by all property owners,

ISP's Vodafone , Spark , Snap ETC.......... don't require the consent but the fibre vendor for the area, Then you have MDU's (multi dwelling units) This gets more fun again Smiley Happy

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today