Apple Time Capsule on TC4400

NDP
Starter Poster

Apple Time Capsule on TC4400

by NDP Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (323 Views)

I would like to connect my Apple time capsule to the FibreX TC4400 router.  I have tried connecting it to the second WAN port (the vodafone AP is connected to the first) but I cannot get internet connectivity via the time capsule. Do I need to alter some settings?

Community Manager

Re: Apple Time Capsule on TC4400

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)

@NDP

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. I connected my Time Capsule using Wi-Fi, have you tried that? Otherwise the LAN port on your modem would work as the TC4400 doesn't assign IP addresses - you should have an HG659 or Ultra Hub modem connected and so plug into LAN port on that.

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
NDP
Starter Poster

by NDP Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)

I have a TC4400 connected to a Vodafone Ultrahub and have tried connecting the Time Capsule to that, and to the TC4400.  Either way, the green light comes up and I can see the Time Capsule wifi, but I can;t get internet connectivity through the Time Capsule.  The reason I want this is that the wifi coverage in the house e is significantly better on the Time Capsule than it is on the Ultrahub.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 6 (298 Views)

@NDP

Ah ok, in which case you would need to put the Ultra Hub into bridge mode, which is not possible. I'm interested re the Wi-Fi as I found the opposite but all houses are different. I ran a LAN cable from Ultra Hub to Time Capsule but only used UltraHub for Wi-Fi.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 5 of 6 (296 Views)

Our service requires VLAN tagging (set to 10), which from the last time I checked Time Capsule/Airport don't support, but you could have a check through the settings and see if you can find that as it may fix, as I was only going off info online, I didn't have one to test. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 6 of 6 (295 Views)

Our service requires VLAN tagging (set to 10), which from the last time I checked Time Capsule/Airport don't support, but you could have a check through the settings and see if you can find that as it may fix, as I was only going off info online, I didn't have one to test. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors