Advertised Vodafone speeds not as expected

Starter Poster

Re: Advertised Vodafone speeds not as expected

by kiwi_fisho Starter Poster
Message 11 of 14 (198 Views)

I do not think connecting to enther net cable is a factor in the advertised speed you would be expected however Vodafone does state that "broadband speed will vary depending on a number of factors including NZ and overseas networks, your modem and computer technology including WiFi capability, internal home wiring, other environmental factors, and how many other people are using it at the time". so in this test case test speed is local to New Zealand, WiFi capability is Vodafones supplied technology for the specific fibre broadband purchased.  My point is if I am doing what Vodafone say and with there supplied technology for my purchase it does not come near to what they say, as per the download speed I am not even reaching the half way mark. Iam am more than happy with their claim as to Upload speed in my case.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 12 of 14 (195 Views)

Their supplied technology only works as good an the environment it is setup in unfortunately,.

I'm using 5ghz wireless AC so I've setup the best I can for wireless with least interference

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 13 of 14 (178 Views)
What speed is the Ethernet port on your computer?
Posted from Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by kiwi_fisho Starter Poster
Message 14 of 14 (127 Views)

Gigabit Ethernet

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today