About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure (updated)

by tansrich Starter Poster
Message 71 of 130 (249 Views)

Can someone please help me. I currently have a vodafone email account which i have learnt is going to close.

How do i transfer ALL contacts, and folders and email to a new account please

New Poster

by allnew New Poster
Message 72 of 130 (245 Views)

So Vodafone can't handle email and instead of providing the service they are contracted to do they are just giving up...... and why not keep charging the same price for a lesser service - this is theft.

Time to switch broadband suppliers as well - should get the services I want and the provider agrees to supply!

Shame on Vodafone - but at least management will get salary increases and bonuses for another brain wave idea that rips off customers!

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 73 of 130 (245 Views)

@tansrich

Thanks for your post.

You've a couple of options.

1) You'll get an email from us with a personlised link to set up auto forwarding from your Vodafone email address to a new email address, we're recommending Gmail or Outlook. You create a new account with Google or Microsoft/Outlook, and when you get the link put it into the forwarding form and from 3 days after we'll forward any and all emails to your Vodafone email to your new one.

2) You set up a new email account, transfer all emails and contacts to the new account (+change any subs pointing to that email address) and do nothing and your Vodafone email will close down on 30 November.

Happy to help as much or little as you need.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Regular Contributor capcomnz Regular Contributor
Message 74 of 130 (218 Views)

So....

"Vodafone has said Google has also provided it with a reassurance that legitimate forwarded emails would get through to Gmail. But Google has not been able to confirm that mail-forwarding couldn't be impacted by the volume of relayed spam, after confirmation was sought from the company on Monday."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/96787104/vodafone-broadband-customers-left-in-dark-over-...

Makes you think Vodafone is just pushing its problems on to someone else !!! - WHICH THEY ARE

Probably WITHOUT consutation with others - LIKE THEY DO

No wonder they were the most COMPLAINED about company tothe Commerce Commision !!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/96777133/vodafone-tops-new-zealands-most-complained-about-tra...

Frankly DO NOT GET your emails forwarded to the new email provider.

There is NO gaurenentee that

a - they will arrive

or

b - they wil not block the spam and you'll just get it in your inbox again !

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Saint-Pete Starter Poster
Message 75 of 130 (179 Views)

Hi,

Well it's been 21hrs and still no email link to set up my email address of xxxxx@paradise.net.nz for future forwarding. Honestly, how hard can it be? You managed to do it for xxxxx@paradise.net.nz. I have also checked our other email address xxxxxx@paradise.net.nz and see we have not received this linking email either.

I suppose 1 out of 3 is good, yer NOT!!. Please send the closure email for xxxxx@paradise.net.nz and xxxxx@paradise.net.nz ASAP, please, thanks.

Posted from Apple iPad
Community Manager

Message 76 of 130 (167 Views)

@Saint-Pete

Have messaged you offline - edited your post to remove your email addresses, just in case...

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by richard449 New Poster
Message 77 of 130 (163 Views)

With the closure of vodafone email services, are you going to reduce your charges inline with the reduced service you are providing?

Community Manager

Message 78 of 130 (161 Views)

@richard449

Best to call us to check on that.

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Matanuska Starter Poster
Message 79 of 130 (147 Views)

Hi there,

I am as annoyed as many others about having to do all this and with reasonably short notice.  It's all well and good to export emails, but gmail doesn't sort anything into all the folders etc I have set up since about 1999 when we joined ihug.  Boo.

My question is this. Gmail says you have to change your account to a POP account before you can import emails.  However I notice you say NOTHING about this in your fancy video about doing it.  I am using IMAP so I can access emails everywhere.  I don't want to change to POP and then find all my emails disappear or something, or all suddenly only appear on my computer and nowhere else.

I curently view my email on an iPad, iPhone and my computer, so use IMAP for that reason.  I will be devestated if I lose anything..... 

What does the process of changing your account from IMAP to POP and what issues are we likely to encounter?

Thank you.

Community Manager

Message 80 of 130 (145 Views)

@Matanuska

Thanks for the post.

Gmail imports as POP to ensure a clean copy of everything into Gmail. Part of the recommended process is to check the box that leaves a copy on the Vodafone server, just to on the safe side.

You can use that Gmail account using IMAP i.e. no change I too use IMAP on iPad etc.

Have you set up forwarding from Vodafone/ihug email to Gmail?

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 129 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 39 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today