About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure - unexpected loss of email associated with personalised domain

by PeterJohnMellalieu Starter Poster
Message 261 of 264 (91 Views)

Why am I no longer receiving my emails?

Yes, I read the messages about changes to Vodafone's email service correctly.

Yes I read the message in later emails from Vodafone that stated:

"If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails e.g. name@mybusiness.co.nz, don’t worry – these emails won’t be closed and there’s nothing you need to do"

Yes, I have my own personalised domain email, set up at Domainz, that directs to Vodafone, namely  ceo@myndsurfers.org.nz

Yes, I double checked the above message was TRUE, by having a live chat with a Vodafone Call Centre Operator, Jessica, chat log below.

Yes, Jessica confirmed I would absolutely, totally not loose my email access, as noted below.

SO TODAY WHY HAVE I LOST MY EMAIL ACCESS, Vodafone?

Jessica: As the fine print clearly states that your personalised emails are not going to be closed and your @vodafone.co.nz will be used only as your username to access all your emails, is that okay?

: That's OK. Thank you. Obviously, for such a mission critical situation I needed to confirm 100.00% that @myndsurfers.org.nz will not vanish in a puff of smoke this week! Have a good evening. I'll keep a record of this chat. thanks again for checking my records and status

Fix it. Call me, please.

Chat Log 2017-11-27

Jessica: Hi, my name is Jessica.

Jessica: How may I help you today?

: Hi, I want to clarify if I need to switch my email out of Vodafone. My cell no is 021 xxxxx

: Having read the emails more closely, I realise I might not need to because I have my own domain, myndsurfers.org.nz t

Jessica: Thank you for sharing your query with me, I will certainly help you with that.
: My email is ceo@myndsurfers.org.nz. But also in the vodafone system its associated

with: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz

: The message I received is: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz will be closing, we recommend you set up a new web-based email address.

: I'm half way through switching over to a Google account, but whilst waiting for 52 minutes for tech help from Google to setup, I've been re-reading all the relevant messages from you and elsewhere more carefully.

Jessica: Just to confirm, have you received that email on your @vodafone.co.nz email address or any other email address?

: My myndsurfer.org.nz domain is hosted on domainz. I'll stop now and let you think! : The message was sent to: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz

Jessica: Thanks for the information,
: The first instance subject was: Your email account ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz is

closing

: The second instance, dated 15/09/17 stated in the fine print: If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails, eg. name@mybusiness.co.nz, please know that these personalised domains will not be closed. See our FAQ’s for more information.

: The last instance, on 25/010/17 subject: Reminder: set up your email auto-forwarding.... but again included this message: If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails e.g. name@mybusiness.co.nz, don’t worry – these emails won’t be closed and there’s nothing you need to do. You can unsubscribe from these reminders or click here for more information.

Jessica: Thank you for sharing all this information with me,

Jessica: As the fine print clearly states that your personalised emails are not going to be closed and your @vodafone.co.nz will be used only as your username to access all your emails, is that okay?

That's OK. Thank you. Obviously, for such a mission critical situation I needed to confirm 100.00% that @myndsurfers.org.nz will not vanish in a puff of smoke this week! Have a good evening. I'll keep a record of this chat. thanks again for checking my records and status.

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure - unexpected loss of email associated with personalised domain

by PeterJohnMellalieu Starter Poster
Message 262 of 264 (88 Views)

Well, maybe I panicked too soon. My MyndSurfer business domain email is working OK now. (5:04 pm 2017-12-02).

Thanks, if anyone fixed anything!

Community Manager

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 263 of 264 (83 Views)
Send me the details and I can get the redirect updated. Your domain name should be unaffected by cut over. However, as mentioned send me details and ill get onto it. So sorry for the sleeplessness and hassle.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 264 of 264 (81 Views)
@GJacobs is this re forwarding or a domain name?
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 263 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors