About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure - unexpected loss of email associated with personalised domain

by PeterJohnMellalieu Starter Poster
Message 261 of 289 (377 Views)

Why am I no longer receiving my emails?

Yes, I read the messages about changes to Vodafone's email service correctly.

Yes I read the message in later emails from Vodafone that stated:

"If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails e.g. name@mybusiness.co.nz, don’t worry – these emails won’t be closed and there’s nothing you need to do"

Yes, I have my own personalised domain email, set up at Domainz, that directs to Vodafone, namely  ceo@myndsurfers.org.nz

Yes, I double checked the above message was TRUE, by having a live chat with a Vodafone Call Centre Operator, Jessica, chat log below.

Yes, Jessica confirmed I would absolutely, totally not loose my email access, as noted below.

SO TODAY WHY HAVE I LOST MY EMAIL ACCESS, Vodafone?

Jessica: As the fine print clearly states that your personalised emails are not going to be closed and your @vodafone.co.nz will be used only as your username to access all your emails, is that okay?

: That's OK. Thank you. Obviously, for such a mission critical situation I needed to confirm 100.00% that @myndsurfers.org.nz will not vanish in a puff of smoke this week! Have a good evening. I'll keep a record of this chat. thanks again for checking my records and status

Fix it. Call me, please.

Chat Log 2017-11-27

Jessica: Hi, my name is Jessica.

Jessica: How may I help you today?

: Hi, I want to clarify if I need to switch my email out of Vodafone. My cell no is 021 xxxxx

: Having read the emails more closely, I realise I might not need to because I have my own domain, myndsurfers.org.nz t

Jessica: Thank you for sharing your query with me, I will certainly help you with that.
: My email is ceo@myndsurfers.org.nz. But also in the vodafone system its associated

with: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz

: The message I received is: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz will be closing, we recommend you set up a new web-based email address.

: I'm half way through switching over to a Google account, but whilst waiting for 52 minutes for tech help from Google to setup, I've been re-reading all the relevant messages from you and elsewhere more carefully.

Jessica: Just to confirm, have you received that email on your @vodafone.co.nz email address or any other email address?

: My myndsurfer.org.nz domain is hosted on domainz. I'll stop now and let you think! : The message was sent to: ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz

Jessica: Thanks for the information,
: The first instance subject was: Your email account ceo_myndsurfers@vodafone.co.nz is

closing

: The second instance, dated 15/09/17 stated in the fine print: If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails, eg. name@mybusiness.co.nz, please know that these personalised domains will not be closed. See our FAQ’s for more information.

: The last instance, on 25/010/17 subject: Reminder: set up your email auto-forwarding.... but again included this message: If your email address is associated with any personalised domain emails e.g. name@mybusiness.co.nz, don’t worry – these emails won’t be closed and there’s nothing you need to do. You can unsubscribe from these reminders or click here for more information.

Jessica: Thank you for sharing all this information with me,

Jessica: As the fine print clearly states that your personalised emails are not going to be closed and your @vodafone.co.nz will be used only as your username to access all your emails, is that okay?

That's OK. Thank you. Obviously, for such a mission critical situation I needed to confirm 100.00% that @myndsurfers.org.nz will not vanish in a puff of smoke this week! Have a good evening. I'll keep a record of this chat. thanks again for checking my records and status.

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure - unexpected loss of email associated with personalised domain

by PeterJohnMellalieu Starter Poster
Message 262 of 289 (374 Views)

Well, maybe I panicked too soon. My MyndSurfer business domain email is working OK now. (5:04 pm 2017-12-02).

Thanks, if anyone fixed anything!

Community Manager

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 263 of 289 (376 Views)
Send me the details and I can get the redirect updated. Your domain name should be unaffected by cut over. However, as mentioned send me details and ill get onto it. So sorry for the sleeplessness and hassle.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 264 of 289 (374 Views)
@GJacobs is this re forwarding or a domain name?
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Poster

by DebsNorth New Poster
Message 265 of 289 (272 Views)

Am so sorry to come late to the party...

Had completely missed the messages about Clearnet emails ceasing to exist as I only check in with that service occasionally. I feel so daft for having missed it.

However. Is it to late to redirect to a gmail add?? Am sure it's too late to save my inbox but redirection is really important as I have a few important accounts associated with clearnet....

Am hoping you can help pleeeease!!

Debs

Community Manager

Message 266 of 289 (262 Views)

@DebsNorth

No worries, message me - click on my name - with old email, new one forwarding and ideally account number so I can verify your account.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by rusty56 New Poster
Message 267 of 289 (221 Views)
Hi there, I've just found out about the email closure on November 30th as I do not get to get online very much (due to very slow internet and it's not worth the hassle sometimes - but that's another story that one day I would like to sort, but let's not get off track... Smiley Happy ) Anywho, just now I've tried to get into my email and realised this service is no longer available. I've now created a new email address as suggested, but was wondering if there's any chance I've me getting into my old clear.net.nz email to set up the forwarding and make sure I haven't missed anything major over the last couple of months. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Suzy
Community Manager

Message 268 of 289 (203 Views)

@rusty56

Message me with details on both emails and ideally your account number so I can verify, then I can raise a forwarding request, do you need access to download old emails or just set up forwarding? Forwarding would only cover emails sent post forwarding setup.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by slamonella New Poster
Message 269 of 289 (178 Views)

I just looked at the "Manage my email" section of My Vodafone, and where there used to be my two ihug addresses listed with the corresponding Gmail address under "Aliases/Forwarding", it now only has my primary address (corresponding to login name) and "No aliases or forwarding found". I tried sending a message to my ihug address a few days ago and it didn't get through nor did I get any message about it being bounced.

Has my forwarding (and second email address) disappeared or is it just not displayed in "Manage my email" any more?

Thanks.

Community Manager

Message 270 of 289 (165 Views)

@slamonella

Forwarding setup that way will have been removed when the email service was shut down. You'll need the forwarding set up via the emails we sent. Message me the email addresses and the forwarding address and your mobile and I can get that set up for you. If your mobile isn't connected to your broadband then your account number as well would be helpful.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 288 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors