About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by sesposito Starter Poster
Message 181 of 191 (226 Views)

What help are you going to give your elderly customers?  My father knew nothing about this and has no idea what to do.  I'm going to try and help him but he is too far away from me for me to easily visit regularly and it will all be too hard to explain to him by phone.

You say, go to spam to get the emails you've sent but he has never logged on to paradise and wouldn't know how.

Even when I set him up with an new email address, I've got to figure out how to get those emails to download to his desktop which will be the only way he will know how to see and send emails.  I've yet to figure this one out for myself let alone Dad's PC.

You have given so little time for us to sort this all out and no thought to people like me who are having to figure it all out for more than just myself.  Your online help is next to useless for people like my father who only knows some very basic tech things.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 182 of 191 (220 Views)

@sesposito

Thanks for your post. Totally appreciate that it's not a simple process and that clearly the email didn't reach your father. If you would like to message me, I can get the personalised link for him and create some information to walk through options and steps.

My main worry would be about contacts and old emails from Paradise but I can cover that also.

Please message me and I'll do my best to help.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by kiwiitis Starter Poster
Message 183 of 191 (205 Views)

Activated my verification email

I type in the address m######s@paradise.net.nz and it's invalid

I type in the address m######s@parsdi se.net.nz it is valid

I tried to send an email to the valid one and not accepted.

As a previous poster said absolutely no help for us oldies

If I use the false address which according to vodafone if true ??????????????????????

NB space between  i and s

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 184 of 191 (204 Views)

@kiwiitis

Apologies, clearly, wrong, please message me and I'll a) get the email address corrected and b) resend you the personalised link.

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Mercury Starter Poster
Message 185 of 191 (180 Views)

I am trying to sort out the change from a @vodafone.co.nz email address.

Sorted out the new gmail account.

Then got onto trying to export/import all emails & contacts. BUT I find that I don't actually use the vodafone webmail, I am using the email service on this apple computer, but with a @vodafone.co.nz email address.

My question is.....on 30 November 2017, what will happen? Will I stop getting emails?

I have checked the Vodafone webmail, there are only 2 emails there, both about the closing down of the email service.

Sorry not computer literate, so please reply in language that I will understand Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Message 186 of 191 (172 Views)

@Mercury

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you're getting your Vodafone email direct to your computer and software, so very little email should be left on webmail. The 2 emails from us on your webmail are quite important though.

This is because on 30 November, if you've not set up forwarding from your Vodafone email to the newly created Gmail, your Vodafone emails will stop.

So, 2 steps for you to follow.

1. Using the details in the email we sent you (which is in your webmail), follow the personalised link and fill out the forwarding form on that web page with your new Gmail address (your Vodafone email is automatically populated). This will trigger the process on our side to send any emails sent to your Vodafone address to your new Gmail address.

2. Set up the new Gmail account on your PC, using the software you use for your Vodafone email.

Then in about 48 hours, you'll notice that your Vodafone email doesn't appear as it used to and instead appears through the new Gmail setup you created.

If you want to have all your emails in one place after that, you could drag and drop from the old VF into the new Gmail folders.

Hope that helps and feel free to post any queries you have here and I and the Ninjas will od our best to help.

Cheers

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Mercury Starter Poster
Message 187 of 191 (108 Views)

I have changed my email address to a Google email.

I somehow after hours and hours of wasted time, managed to get the contacts transferred. 

Now it is the emails turn. I want to transfer...import/export I believe is the correct term, my emails and folders from vodafone to gmail. 

I don't get see that screen, that is on the handy video's. I have a message from Andy, but it is no help what so ever.

It looks simple, but with out the correct short cut, how do I manage it? 

Also, I do not appear to be receiving all the emails either on Vodafone or Gmail, I receive some on the Mac, but different ones on the ipad...FUN

Thanks

Starter Poster

Message 188 of 191 (83 Views)

I still have not received an email address to be able to change my email details.

Rob

Starter Poster

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 189 of 191 (57 Views)

If you are talking about you getting a new Gmail or Outlook.com address to replace your Vodafone one, that's up to you to sort out.  If you are talking about the personalised email from Vodafone to start your mail being redirected (once you have an alternative email address to give them), that's a Vodafone problem to sort out.

Hope this helps

Fred

Starter Poster

Message 190 of 191 (41 Views)

I have an alternative address but as I said the email that requires me to enter my new address from the paradise one is in correct every time I enter my address it returns INVALID address 

My address is *** @paradise.net The address for confirmation is ***@paradi se.net NB space

so if I enter my address as ***@paradi se.net I presume no email will be sent to my new address .

I have tried sending an email to ***@paradi se.net to no avail I'm too old for this it's not a bit funny especially as I was told a new verification email will be sent.

Stats
  • 190 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 50 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today