About Vodafone email closure

Community Manager

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 171 of 191 (219 Views)

@royston

Thanks for your post Grahame.

With regards to your address book, you will need to copy your contacts out of Clear before 30 November. It is a bit fiddly but we have step-by-step instructions here. Your inbox and outbox will remain available until the end of November but as with your contacts, my best advice is if you want to keep those emails then copying them into your new email acccount is best. Your Outlook account will be able to import your inbox automatically. However, I don't believe it will copy your outbox and so each of those would need to be forwarded one by one, which is not great, sorry.

Here to help if you need more.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by JohnCKapiti Starter Poster
Message 172 of 191 (201 Views)

A three-word negative answer to Bartman35, and nothing at all to Beavoir, both of whom make a very pertinent point.  How do you justify this position?

Community Manager

Message 173 of 191 (187 Views)

@Vintage_Trevor

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying.

Could you message me with your details - email address and I'll ask my colleagues what else we can do.

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

Message 174 of 191 (184 Views)

@JohnCKapiti

Thanks for your post. I wasn't aware of taking a position other than trying to help folks through what is a tricky change.

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by JohnCKapiti Starter Poster
Message 175 of 191 (168 Views)

OK, OK ....  the question Bartman35, Beavoir and I all had@ is evidently outside your terms of reference.

So could you pass it on to someone who is prepared to answer it, and justify Vodafone's taking the same money for doing less?

@ (For the benefit of those who haven't read earlier posts, it was: since Vodafone is effectively reducing its level of broadband service by discontinuing its email facilities, will it be reducing its charges for that service?  Answer, according to a previous post by Mr Hales, is: no, it won't.)

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 176 of 191 (150 Views)

I was formally on Clearnet but have now switched to Gmail and opted to have Clearnet mail forwarded.  At first for a week or so it went very well and I was getting no spam.  However now I notice that in in the couple of weeks or so, it appears that the forwarding system from my old email address has no spam filter whatsoever so that spam that used to go into the spam folder at Clearnet online and stay there is now coming through to gmail.  Is that what is going to happen, at least until closure date of 30 November?

Fred

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 177 of 191 (130 Views)

I agree with JohnCKapiti & others who've received the same pathetic responce. The best advice I can give is for everybody to look for an ISP like Slingshot who are both cheaper & supply "free" email addresses to customers. I plan on saving over $30 per month by using them.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 178 of 191 (119 Views)

@fredA

Inbound and outbound emails are going through filters ad so spam shouldn't be going through. The forwarding service will continue post 30 November - that's just the deadline to set up forwarding.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 179 of 191 (117 Views)

Mike,

All the rubbish email that used to go into the Clearnet webmail spam folder is coming through into my gmail account (and then going into the Gmail Spam folder).  Is that what is supposed to be happening?  It's about 40 or 50 emails a day.

Fred

Community Manager

Message 180 of 191 (100 Views)

@fredA

No, our filters should be picking those up. I'll check in the email team.

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 190 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 50 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today