About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by madwithvodafone Starter Poster
Message 191 of 266 (444 Views)

If the email service was part of the agreement/package you have then VF need to honor it. Take their email forwarding offer and setup a free email with gmail or outlook. I always advise my customers to never use an ISP email address.

Happy to offer any assistance in helping you get a happy resolution.

Regards

Graeme

Contributor

by Contributor Cameron Contributor
Message 192 of 266 (416 Views)

@MikeHales - There's a critical issue with Clear / Paradise emails not forwarding most emails - emails from services like Facebook simply don't come through. It appears to be because the Clearnet servers have poorly configured SPF / DKIM records and GMail / Outlook are simply blocking them. What's the ETA on getting this resolved? 

New Poster

by Mark_T New Poster
Message 193 of 266 (362 Views)

Hi

I am on the Paradise.net platform and have not as yet received the email to establish the forwarding of messages to our new email address. Have checked webmail and spam folders, but can not see it. Can this be sent or re-sent please?

Cheers

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 194 of 266 (359 Views)

@Mark_T

Please message me with your email details and I'll resend you your personalised link.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 195 of 266 (313 Views)

Now so much spam being sent from paradise email to my Gmail that any emails from paradise email being treated as spam. Why couldn't Vodafone have just sorted the issue internally. Really hacked off.

Posted from Android 6.0
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster fredA Regular Poster
Message 196 of 266 (405 Views)

I was formally on Clearnet but have now switched to Gmail and opted to have Clearnet mail forwarded.  At first for a week or so it went very well and I was getting no spam.  However now I notice that in in the couple of weeks or so, it appears that the forwarding system from my old email address has no spam filter whatsoever so that spam that used to go into the spam folder at Clearnet online and stay there is now coming through to gmail.  Is that what is going to happen, at least until closure date of 30 November?

Fred

Community Manager

Message 197 of 266 (374 Views)

@fredA

Inbound and outbound emails are going through filters ad so spam shouldn't be going through. The forwarding service will continue post 30 November - that's just the deadline to set up forwarding.

Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster fredA Regular Poster
Message 198 of 266 (372 Views)

Mike,

All the rubbish email that used to go into the Clearnet webmail spam folder is coming through into my gmail account (and then going into the Gmail Spam folder).  Is that what is supposed to be happening?  It's about 40 or 50 emails a day.

Fred

Community Manager

Message 199 of 266 (355 Views)

@fredA

No, our filters should be picking those up. I'll check in the email team.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by sesposito Starter Poster
Message 200 of 266 (481 Views)

What help are you going to give your elderly customers?  My father knew nothing about this and has no idea what to do.  I'm going to try and help him but he is too far away from me for me to easily visit regularly and it will all be too hard to explain to him by phone.

You say, go to spam to get the emails you've sent but he has never logged on to paradise and wouldn't know how.

Even when I set him up with an new email address, I've got to figure out how to get those emails to download to his desktop which will be the only way he will know how to see and send emails.  I've yet to figure this one out for myself let alone Dad's PC.

You have given so little time for us to sort this all out and no thought to people like me who are having to figure it all out for more than just myself.  Your online help is next to useless for people like my father who only knows some very basic tech things.

Stats
  • 265 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors