About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Vintage_Trevor Starter Poster
Message 171 of 266 (505 Views)

About 10 years ago I moved from an address that had the full Vodafone deal (TV, landline, internet and email address) to a flat which required me to have a Telecom connection to the internet. To keep my email address with Paradise I had to pay $10 per month. I am long since back on Vodafone cable with the works. So Vodafone have a price on that component of their offers. So why are we not being told that we will get a reduction on the Vodafone monthly bill because Vodafone have unilaterally removed one component. I think the consumer watchdogs should be advised of this!

Starter Poster

by madwithvodafone Starter Poster
Message 172 of 266 (431 Views)

Hi, I concur. I bit the bullet years ago and got my own domain and vowed never to use an ISP address. I also advise all my customers to do the same.

I am happy to offer you any guidance I can if you wish.

Please let me know

Graeme

New Poster

by royston New Poster
Message 173 of 266 (277 Views)

I'm in my early 80tys so grapple a bit with some tech, but I try.

I have MS OUTLOOK 2010 program, so I thought I would see what MS have to offer with email accounts so have opened an OUTLOOK.COM address.

Before I go anyfurther I would like to know if all my address book will remain from the CLEAR account address Ive been using for years (before vodafone took over CLEAR).

Will my inbox and ourbox still remain???

Thanks for your help

Grahame

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 174 of 266 (459 Views)

@royston

Thanks for your post Grahame.

With regards to your address book, you will need to copy your contacts out of Clear before 30 November. It is a bit fiddly but we have step-by-step instructions here. Your inbox and outbox will remain available until the end of November but as with your contacts, my best advice is if you want to keep those emails then copying them into your new email acccount is best. Your Outlook account will be able to import your inbox automatically. However, I don't believe it will copy your outbox and so each of those would need to be forwarded one by one, which is not great, sorry.

Here to help if you need more.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by denmo Starter Poster
Message 175 of 266 (485 Views)

I want to retain my sent messages for the past 6 months. Rather than have to try and transfer these messages to another email account will they be retained in my Clear Net Outlook Express sent box after Nov 30th so I can refer to them or will they disappear ?

Community Manager

Message 176 of 266 (483 Views)

@denmo

Apologies you won't have access to them, would recommend you transfer.

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster yitz Frequent Poster
Message 177 of 266 (474 Views)

@denmoIn Outlook Express, if your sent messages are stored in the Sent Items folder under the Local Folders hierarchy then messages in these folders are permanently stored on your computers hard drive they will not disappear after Nov. 30th. However it remains wise to create backups of important data stored on your computer's hard drive.

Messages stored outside of Outlook Express and its Local Folders may be lost when there is a change to the server (including closure).

oefolder.gif

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by denmo Starter Poster
Message 178 of 266 (466 Views)

Thanks for info Yitz, that's great

Cheers

denmo

Contributor

by Contributor Wizardmaster Contributor
Message 179 of 266 (427 Views)

@MikeHales

I believe, I held that $10 a month for holder my register email since IHUG account.  What I paid on every months.   That worth $10 a month for email.   That why I ask to Vodafone

Will Vodafone confirm that $10 off a month to everyone account  for remove a "email storage" ?    

Mike

Community Manager

Message 180 of 266 (419 Views)

@Wizardmaster

Do you pay $10 separately just for your email address?

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 265 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors