About Vodafone email closure

Senior Contributor

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 121 of 191 (453 Views)

@janettheresa

I've been using Gmail and Outloook (as well as an old Hotmail) accounts for years and never have I had spam or advertising.

Now the Gmail one has become the primary email I will use.

Will not use Vodafones "forwarding" as I reckon that it will not work and just forward spam anyway.

There are settings under Privacy with Gmail and Outlook to control the information that Google uses to show you ads.

LIke I said...I turn off everything and have never had any problems.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 122 of 191 (438 Views)

BUT, it does prove that vodafone can handle spam free email, IF it wants to. Doesn't it?

New Poster

by Davecn New Poster
Message 123 of 191 (398 Views)

What a pain in the butt. I converted my Ms Outlook 2010 contacts to a csv file and tried importing it into Outlook (MS seem to like having the same name for different software!) Even though they are both MS, Outlook wouldn’t have a bar of it. I tried importing into Gmail and it was no problem at all - so now I’m with Gmail. The worst part was changing my email address at various websites – some are really easy and some are not so easy (just about spent a day on this and am not quite there yet!).

I'm surprised that Vodafone, being the size it is and with all their resources, couldn’t upgrade their email system (boils down to $ I suppose). I would hope a reduction in monthly fees is going to happen over this.

GGL
Starter Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by GGL Starter Poster
Message 124 of 191 (383 Views)

Great. Thanks.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 125 of 191 (339 Views)

@MikeHales

Hi Mike 

Any update. No change in forwarding as far as I can see.

Cheers

Tony

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by richardb Starter Poster
Message 126 of 191 (317 Views)

Hi - I set up a test on 1 identity a week agao, but still no forwarding happening.

When will it start? I need to be sure that Vodafone can deliver on this.

Cheers

Richardb

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 127 of 191 (295 Views)

Indeed. I hope I manage to contact all those I need to before 30 Nov cutoff because I am starting to have doubts this forwarding is actually going to happen.

Posted from Android 6.0
New Poster

by formercustomer New Poster
Message 128 of 191 (218 Views)

Hi Mike

I'm having a lot of trouble moving my contacts and emails to the new outlook.co.nz account I set up. The work mac I am using keeps wanting to import the file into its email system instead of saving as a file that I can use with the outlook website. Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

btw, +1 to any hope of upgrading the system rather than dumping us

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 129 of 191 (193 Views)

@formercustomer

Which email service are you looking to move contacts, emails etc from?

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by richardb Starter Poster
Message 130 of 191 (188 Views)

Hi - OK, after a week, it seems that the redirect has cut in. Unsure if all test messages have come through so I will do some more structured testing. I have tested with my least-important and least-used identity.

I have set up a domain with a different supplier and that will become my main email address. I will set the autoredirect to the same gmail address as my least-used identity in a few weeks. I have given my new address to some important recipients (and maybe even family  :-) ) so that they can settle down and I will assess email as it comes in via redirect. I don't intend to change social media and other high-risk environments.

Because Vodafone hasn't managed to set up redirects in the time stated (3 working days) I suggest that they should consider exending the deadline by a month as a gesture of goodwill to customers who have been inconvenienced. I didn't choose to be a Vodafone customer - in fact, I left it some time ago but then Vodafone bought out the suppliers and brought me back in. Does Vodafone want me as a customer for the services I didn't choose?

Over to you Vodafone!

Richardb

Stats
  • 190 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 50 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today