About Vodafone email closure

Community Manager

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 141 of 264 (636 Views)
@Popplestone
Locally stored is no issue, only emails on the Vodafone servers affected.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 142 of 264 (635 Views)
@anzac1957
It should have, will chase up Monday. Apologies.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 143 of 264 (571 Views)

@MikeHales

Hi Mike 

Any update. No change in forwarding as far as I can see.

Cheers

Tony

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by richardb Starter Poster
Message 144 of 264 (549 Views)

Hi - I set up a test on 1 identity a week agao, but still no forwarding happening.

When will it start? I need to be sure that Vodafone can deliver on this.

Cheers

Richardb

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 145 of 264 (527 Views)

Indeed. I hope I manage to contact all those I need to before 30 Nov cutoff because I am starting to have doubts this forwarding is actually going to happen.

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by richardb Starter Poster
Message 146 of 264 (420 Views)

Hi - OK, after a week, it seems that the redirect has cut in. Unsure if all test messages have come through so I will do some more structured testing. I have tested with my least-important and least-used identity.

I have set up a domain with a different supplier and that will become my main email address. I will set the autoredirect to the same gmail address as my least-used identity in a few weeks. I have given my new address to some important recipients (and maybe even family  :-) ) so that they can settle down and I will assess email as it comes in via redirect. I don't intend to change social media and other high-risk environments.

Because Vodafone hasn't managed to set up redirects in the time stated (3 working days) I suggest that they should consider exending the deadline by a month as a gesture of goodwill to customers who have been inconvenienced. I didn't choose to be a Vodafone customer - in fact, I left it some time ago but then Vodafone bought out the suppliers and brought me back in. Does Vodafone want me as a customer for the services I didn't choose?

Over to you Vodafone!

Richardb

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Popplestone Regular Poster
Message 147 of 264 (454 Views)
Thanks @MikeHales, big relief!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor

by Contributor Wizardmaster Contributor
Message 148 of 264 (437 Views)

@MikeHales 

Everyone (including me)  does still unhappy and large compliant against Vodafone.    I aware that Vodafone package product was include email.   I used a IHUG account for 29 years since Vodafone took over IHUG.  When I question, Vodafone keep IHUG email account on forever,  Vodafone was said Yes. 

Now, Vodafone changed a broken promise, lack help service, poor IT services.    If I think,  Vodafone should responible and install a Anti-virus and Anti-SPAM filter on the major server.    I don't know which Vodafone bought s cheap brand of Firewall security network.    I seen Vodafone bought a cheap Huawei modem for every customer.   But some Professional user knew that  Huawei product is SH*T cause poor network, jammed against Apple device and weak wireless,  They bought own high qaulity product is better & performance.

Now,  I put the my comment on week ago.  Link at http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/My-Vodafone/Are-Vodafone-serious-or-joke/m-p/212587#M4657

Everyone will considrate that my request about give back $10 a month or replace to other ISP.   Because NZ customer rather their own privacy act.    They doesn't want a Gmail or Outlook.com.  

If Media would watch a VF get worse until fade !

Mike

Starter Poster

by janettheresa Starter Poster
Message 149 of 264 (622 Views)

I certainly won't be using Gmail or Outlook as they are full of spam and advertising.  I have not had any spam with my Vodafone account, only with my Clear account which happened about a year ago, so obviously Vodafone dropped its filtering on Clear about that time and all the rubbish got through so I stopped using  that email address.  I don't want either Gmail or Outlook, so what is Vodafone suggesting?  I have only stayed with Vodafone because of their email service.  What is the Xnet mail service that Vodafone has and can that be joined, otherwise I will have to look for a new provider that offers an email service.  I and others are totally inconvenienced by Vodafone and think they have certainly not considered the ramifications of dropping email.  I am sure it is going to cost them more in loss of accounts than what it would cost to upgrade their email server.  Any serious email user steers well clear of Gmail and Outlook, so Vodafone should have researched this more carefully.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 150 of 264 (601 Views)

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=xnet+email&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=6...

which leads to

https://www.wxc.co.nz/residential/support/information/wxc-position-on-ufb/

which has "

Copyright © 2017
Vodafone Next Generation
Services Limited.

All Rights Reserved."

at the bottom of the page.

So it appears that vodafone can supply spam free email service. They just don't want to

Stats
  • 263 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors