About Vodafone email closure

Starter Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by VCustomer Starter Poster
Message 61 of 266 (883 Views)
But if we currently get our emails from clear net webmail, using the emails we set up with our website domain, once webmail closes what happens and how do we retain our email addresses using our website domain?
Posted from Apple iPhone
GGL
Starter Poster

by GGL Starter Poster
Message 62 of 266 (785 Views)

We have our own domain name, reigistered through Vodafone, and we have our own personalised email addresses but those email addresses are acutally link to the email addresses of vodafone.co.nz (which you advised will be closed). Will the closure of vodaone email services affect us? Since our domain name is with Vodafone, can Vodafone help us set up personalised email services which will not be affected by the closure? We will need to have access to the email portal to the email server because we need the emails be stored on the server for, say, 10 days? We have an easy office package with Vodafone.

We are reluctant to transfer email services to Google or Outlook.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 63 of 266 (779 Views)

@GGL

Thanks for the post - I will look into that and advise asap.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 64 of 266 (778 Views)

@GGL

For customers with their own personalised domains like you and hosted email and/or websites, you will not be impacted at this stage. We are working on a solution to migrate these services to a new platform while ensuring business continuity for you. We will be in touch with you in the future to explain what this will look like.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by larsmark Starter Poster
Message 65 of 266 (794 Views)

so can I  be come a bussiness customer with the Ihug.co.nz domain then I wont have to change anything??

-------
by Community Manager

@GGL

For customers with their own personalised domains like you and hosted email and/or websites, you will not be impacted at this stage. We are working on a solution to migrate these services to a new platform while ensuring business continuity for you. We will be in touch with you in the future to explain what this will look like.

Vodafone New Zealand
 --------------
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 66 of 266 (792 Views)

@MikeHales and if this can be done for business domains why could Vodafone have not done the same for our Paradise accounts?

Posted from Android 6.0
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 67 of 266 (381 Views)

Could you please explain why this option isn't being used for those of us affected by the 30 november DEADline?

GGL
Starter Poster

by GGL Starter Poster
Message 68 of 266 (598 Views)

Great. Thanks.

Starter Poster

by Trinidad Starter Poster
Message 69 of 266 (351 Views)

Question 1. We have a domain hosted with Paradise. It's an .co.nz. According to this response there is no change to the access point, user or password access until further notice.

To confirm we access through paradise.net.nz and have mail downloading into MS Outlook.

Is this a correct understanding?

Question 2.

If we set up a gmail account and auto fwd the domain.co.nz email will this impact the status of the hosted domain as noted in question 1?

Question 3

How do I go about moving my domain name to another provider.  I have considered a service that emulates MS Outlook webbased and then syncronizes the MS Outlook on my computer, I.e deal with one account on a device and then syncronise the device emial onto MS Outlook on my computer when the computer acesses the site. Providing access to all email offline.

To do this I need to migrate the domain.co.nz and need the various domain registration details.

Can you help with these three questions?

Gordon

I tagged onto this reply as it seems related.  I will also open a new post after reviewing all the posts.

Contributor

by Contributor gr0unded Contributor
Message 70 of 266 (334 Views)

Hi. My wife and I both have IHUG accounts. We use Windows Live Mail with Outlook as a backup (because of serious issues with WLM screwing up e-mails moved into folders). I have decided to move to Outlook.com accounts as I find Google(gmail) too intrusive. However, the Vodafone video demonstrating the shift to Outlook seems to require an "alternative" e-mail address for both of us. So my question is, do I need to set up two e-mail addresses for each of us?

Seems barmy to me. 

Please explain Vodafone.

Ta 

Chris

Stats
  • 265 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 55 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors