Thanks @MikeHales, big relief!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: About Vodafone email closure

by Contributor Wizardmaster Contributor
Message 102 of 191 (254 Views)

@MikeHales 

Everyone (including me)  does still unhappy and large compliant against Vodafone.    I aware that Vodafone package product was include email.   I used a IHUG account for 29 years since Vodafone took over IHUG.  When I question, Vodafone keep IHUG email account on forever,  Vodafone was said Yes. 

Now, Vodafone changed a broken promise, lack help service, poor IT services.    If I think,  Vodafone should responible and install a Anti-virus and Anti-SPAM filter on the major server.    I don't know which Vodafone bought s cheap brand of Firewall security network.    I seen Vodafone bought a cheap Huawei modem for every customer.   But some Professional user knew that  Huawei product is SH*T cause poor network, jammed against Apple device and weak wireless,  They bought own high qaulity product is better & performance.

Now,  I put the my comment on week ago.  Link at http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/My-Vodafone/Are-Vodafone-serious-or-joke/m-p/212587#M4657

Everyone will considrate that my request about give back $10 a month or replace to other ISP.   Because NZ customer rather their own privacy act.    They doesn't want a Gmail or Outlook.com.  

If Media would watch a VF get worse until fade !

Mike

Regular Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 103 of 191 (222 Views)

They have just informed me "

Regarding your question about whether we should be reducing the price of our packages; Vodafone market and sell fixed broadband and mobile connectivity. Email is not part of our core offering. However, we are entitled to withdraw a service if we provide adequate notice to do so, and this is covered in the terms that govern our agreement.

Vodafone have opted to continue to service our email base with auto-forwarding so there is no need for customers to proactively advise their contacts of their new address - they just won't be accessing their email through our older inbox anymore.

In light of the above, we are not moving to reduce monthly charges based on the changes to our email service.

"

It's interesting to note that emails from Vodafone staff are hilited in Thunderbird as Possible Scams!!!!

Regular Poster

Message 104 of 191 (221 Views)

Could you please explain why XNET are not affected, when others are?

Regular Poster

Message 105 of 191 (221 Views)

So are you going to continue using email for communications after 30 nov? And if so WHY? When email is not part of vodafone's code service? So is therefore not essential to runing the business.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 106 of 191 (219 Views)

@rotospotz

Thanks for your post. XNET is a completely separate area and systems.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

Message 107 of 191 (217 Views)

you're able to tell that yourself. open the https://www.vodafone.co.nz/our-company/ceo-executive-team/ page. Clicking on each "mug shot" will create an email, with their address shown. good luck.

Regular Poster

Message 108 of 191 (215 Views)

Could you please explain why this option isn't being used for those of us affected by the 30 november DEADline?

Regular Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure (updated)

Message 109 of 191 (214 Views)

since they're out of Vodafone's "system", on your PC, you will be safe. Unless you have PC troubles, which is another storey.

Regular Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure (updated)

Message 110 of 191 (213 Views)

Could you please explain FULLY the rules around vodafone staff editing our posts?

Stats
  • 190 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 50 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today