About Vodafone email closure

Community Manager

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 51 of 142 (464 Views)

@ParadiseLost

Please message me your details and I'll look into it.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
bnr
New Poster

by bnr New Poster
Message 52 of 142 (462 Views)

Having (unfortunately) to open an alternative email account using Mac OS have found it unnecessary to transfer existing messages and contacts. Selecting Gmail or whatever in Mail preferences means that it is not required to use the crappy and messy Gmail interface. Easy, they just continue to appear in Mac Mail page.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by larsmark Starter Poster
Message 53 of 142 (414 Views)

so can I  be come a bussiness customer with the Ihug.co.nz domain then I wont have to change anything??

-------
by Community Manager

@GGL

For customers with their own personalised domains like you and hosted email and/or websites, you will not be impacted at this stage. We are working on a solution to migrate these services to a new platform while ensuring business continuity for you. We will be in touch with you in the future to explain what this will look like.

Vodafone New Zealand
 --------------
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 54 of 142 (412 Views)

@MikeHales and if this can be done for business domains why could Vodafone have not done the same for our Paradise accounts?

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

Re: Questions about Vodafone email closure (updated)

by nzscribe Starter Poster
Message 55 of 142 (390 Views)

I quote from the email I got :
"Since we launched our email service in the 1990s, email and technology have come a long way. Our email service is no longer delivering the sort of experience our customers need today.

My question is why?? and "who say's" I never got that survey??

A large number of our customers have told us they’re experiencing ongoing problems with their Vodafone provided email account, such as huge amounts of spam and delays in receiving their emails.

Again: What survey was this??

( i interrupt here and say) I have had the same email adrress for about 10 years now and have had NO problems with spam / viruses etc.

If people cannot protect there computer with a good virus and firewall protection in this modern age then they should not be onthe internet.

We tried very hard to fix this for our customers with little success due to the age of the platform. That’s simply not good enough for us here at Vodafone, so we’ve made the decision to close the service down.

SO. you're aged platform (servers) is going to forward any dubious emails (that you have already admitted are outdated) from my old vodafone account to my new Gmail or Msoft account??

Really?

Sound's to me like you have sold out to Google or Microsoft - just saying

Just asking. I'm not sure how this will work. How will they be forwarding to my selected account without any cause for concern?

Should I just accept an offer from one of the competition that keep knocking on my door every few days, that say everything is faster and secure??

if a Ninja or Manager reads this then call me. I'm sure you can find me.

"

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 56 of 142 (373 Views)

@nzscribe

"If people cannot protect there computer with a good virus and firewall protection in this modern age then they should not be onthe internet."

Sort of true BUT remember theres websites out there that get hacked constantly like Adobe, Linkden and many many others.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

THATS how my email address is out there and THATS why i'm getting spam.

TO infer that people should not be online due to this is just plain STUPID!!!

I have all the firewalls and anti viruses etc BUT I can not stop websites from being hacked.

EVEN you can not stop that !

Heres one site in the US thats been hacked...143 million US customer details including DOB's address etc etc.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/so-equifax-says-your-data-was-hacked-now-what...

Even Yahoo has been done multiple times.

NOT the customers fault.....Remember that !

Highlighted
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 57 of 142 (353 Views)

@nzscribe

Thanks for your post - no surveys, our position is based on customer feedback over an extended period of time.

We will forward your emails through automatically to whatever email you tell us.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by Aged-in-Avalon New Poster
Message 58 of 142 (352 Views)

I (finally) found the "Important Notice" buried in the Spam folder on Paradise Webmail.

This morning's DomPost told me you intend forwarding ALL email (including spam) to my new address.

I choose GMAIL;

I already have friends and relatives in the States using the COMCAST service;

Comcast REJECTS all email from Paradise using their spam filter - citing previous abusive emails;

How long can I expect Gmail to accept forwarded email from Paradise users once YOU start transferring all the rubbish?

Starter Poster

by richardb Starter Poster
Message 59 of 142 (327 Views)

Hi - apologies if I have missed this.

It is likley that I wil set up a temporary account with gmail or outlook.com, or use an existing account, as a temporary measure to check that the autoforward system is working and to abide by the 30 November deadline. Then I will see about setting up a more permanaent arrangement via a domain. Will there be an arrangement to change the target of the autoforward to the new, hopefully permanent location?

Thanks

RichardB

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Popplestone Regular Poster
Message 60 of 142 (270 Views)

I see that clear.net.nz email addresses cannot be downloaded from webmail, but what happens to those that are already downloaded to Microsoft Outlook on a PC?  Will they still be accessible after 30 November?  Thanks

Stats
  • 141 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 39 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today