2 Vodafone Wi-Fi Extenders

Contributor

Re: 2 Vodafone Wi-Fi Extenders

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 11 of 19 (271 Views)

Yay!

My dual Extenders have finally arrived 4 months after I ordered the new VTV Service.

Have yet to set up, and will get to that next week.

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor bigal Regular Contributor
Message 12 of 19 (239 Views)

still waiting for mine  

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Laurence1979 Regular Poster
Message 13 of 19 (229 Views)

I've had problems with my extenders since day one, one keeps dropping out every 1-2 days 15 weeks later and many chats to support saying theirs are working fine,  looking at hardwiring...

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 14 of 19 (220 Views)

yes

I have being trying to replicate laurences' issue but cant seem to do it. Run multiple extenters for long periods of time.60+ days and even tried it at home with my Vodafone TV box. It still is going strong.

Only way to check is to do a packet capture to see which side is giving the Deauth, but that requires a special setup.

sorry Laurence your issue i cant seem to replicate. Unless you want to swap yours with another pair and i can test it out for you if I can replicate it here in the Device Lab. This will tell us if the issue is just local ( interference of some sort which is getting it to deauth.) or something we need to look in.

Tested about 8 Extenders now (4 pairs) no joy . Got some running on my desk even now.

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Regular Poster

Message 15 of 19 (74 Views)

Hi there how can I get a replacement pair of extenders, the issue has not resolved 

I see there are some other users who have disabled 5g broadcast from other devices, wouldn't have throught this would have been a congested band?

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 16 of 19 (68 Views)

hi

Can you show me your setup, please?

we have checked some returns to see if there is an issue and have not found any so far.

the causes for the drop so far we have found out is that distance and source of interference.if this is the case try to use place it so that there are not many objects of interference is between the 2 extenders. (if you have placed it on the ground or behind a cabinet/TV and have any insulation, metallic objects, mirrors between them your experience is correct.RF will obey the natural laws of nature)

The other might be is if you have a switch( on the station side) with Energy efficient ethernet the switch will drop the physical layer then you will have the station extender change its mode to the wifi- repeater mode - this I have replicated

if that's the case you need to have EEE turned off on the switch.

If you still require a replacement ( doubt this will fix the issue) you will need to call and request a replacement.

Also please request for a courier bag to be sent to you addressing to me Dilhan Bowatte for the ones you have I will test this out myself..

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Regular Poster

Message 17 of 19 (57 Views)

Hi there

I previously had to restart the extenders daily, now if I turn off the STB each night I maintain connection for a few days before having to restart the extender

suggests an interferance gremlin

I've had the extenders clear line of sight to negate any other external sources, I will try and disable my 5GHz network 

super frustrating that you have not found fault in your other tested devices as there is an issue

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 18 of 19 (55 Views)

Hi

Nope, that does not seem like interference.

is it only the box that is connected to the Station extender.

@olof- is there anything you are able to look from your side here, please

regards

Dilhan

Vodafone.

Regular Poster

Message 19 of 19 (52 Views)

only the extender connected to the STB needs to be restarted

Stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors