Vodafone usage meter

New Poster
alan2009

Vodafone usage meter

by alan2009 New Poster
Message 1 of 10 (4,486 Views)

Lastnight I got a email from vodafone telling me I was nearly reaching my cap. I checked my usage meter and it shows I've used over 68GB of data on  07-Feb-2013. Is this a bug in the vodafone usage meter or something else? 

vodafone.PNG

Please use plain text.
Expert Contributor
TonyZ

Re: Vodafone usage meter

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 10 (4,464 Views)

It's probably better to give the helpdesk a call on 0800 438 448.

Please use plain text.
New Poster
techsta

by techsta New Poster
Message 3 of 10 (4,433 Views)
it would be better but good to know others are having the same problem.. i got 10gb added to my account today ??? all my stats that i compare are usually spot on but everynow and again it blows out .. usually near billing time
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Dylan

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 10 (4,402 Views)

Hi Alan

I've asked around but we haven't heard of any issues. Just wondering if it could have been something like a web based backup going through, something like Dropbox? Or maybe a device restoring itself from a backup like iCloud?

If you're not sure what it is it could be good to check your wifi security settings etc. Our fixed line and broadband techs can help out with that, they're on 0800 438 448.

Dylan

Please use plain text.
New Poster
alan2009

by alan2009 New Poster
Message 5 of 10 (4,391 Views)

Thanks for checking guys.

I suspect someone has hacked my wifi and started downloading! Not sure how this is possible though as I've got a 63 character long password, WPA2 enabled, hidden SSID and no WPS. But just to be safe I've gone ahead and changed my password and turned down the wifi signal strength.

Please use plain text.
New Poster
safboy_1

by safboy_1 New Poster
Message 6 of 10 (4,384 Views)
I am having a similar issue. I upgraded to the Mega plan on sat/sun and everything was going awesome. Today, after being at work all day, I have apparently downloaded 81959.228 worth of something. WTF!? My wifi is super weak, so unless someone was outside of my front window (wife says no), then there must be a **bleep** up on voda side... Can someone please give us a proper answer, or clear our meter? I'm currently on hold with the helpdesk now
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lingm04

by Contributor lingm04 Contributor
Message 7 of 10 (4,350 Views)

I have the same problem. Went to sleep last night with 30GB's of data remaining for the last two days of my plan and then wake up this morning and see that i somehow only have 6GB's left now and apparently used upwards of 20GB's yesterday.......

I don't use dropbox, diden't download any software updates, don't download music or videos or anything. I usually use 2-3GB's a day and if i watch a lot of youtube videos then it increase to 4GB's a day but how could i possibly use over 20GB's in a single day?

How can this be possible? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lingm04

by Contributor lingm04 Contributor
Message 8 of 10 (4,324 Views)

My usage for yesterday has now been reset to 0 from the previous 22GB's. I guess Vodafone recognised they had problems on this day and reset it?

Thanks?

Please use plain text.
New Poster
safboy_1

by safboy_1 New Poster
Message 9 of 10 (4,314 Views)
Same here. Reset and they doubled my data for free to sweeten the deal. Cheers voda
Posted From Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Dylan

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 10 of 10 (4,250 Views)

Hi everyone

There was a data counting issue that affected a small number of fixed line broadband accounts on Monday the 11th. We've identified it and got it all sorted.

Dylan

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors