Vodafone Smart V8 November 2018 software update?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Smart V8 November 2018 software update?

by Ecnal Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (663 Views)

Is there a way to find what the latest legitimate software update is for a Vodafone Smart V8 VFD 710?

I have received a notification at the top bar of the phone to say there is an update required to take the software to

VFD-710_MRB04.

I am currently on VFD-710_MRB01-3.

If I go the the [settings - about - software updates] on the phone this send me to the same pop up message. Which leads me to think this may be legit.

I can not find any reference to this new software update in my searching online. And when I called up vodafones 'local' tech support they put me on hold while they Googled it. (I am not joking, that is what he said he did).

Any help pointing me to confirmation of this being legitimate woudl be apreciated.

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Smart V8 November 2018 software update?

by Ecnal Starter Poster
Message 2 of 7 (497 Views)
To save some Vodafone techs from googling this issue and not finding any answers for their product, I can confirm that this does work.
Update was downloaded and installed successful.
The software for the phone is now showing VDF-710_MRB04.
I have tested call, text, and internet features and these all work.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by Sims Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (465 Views)

Hi there, I have also updated my phone but I'm having problems with it now like not being able to delete photos from the gallery and the recents button is not working so I can't close the apps I opened. I tried to find a way to rollback to the previous update but I can't seem to find a way to do that without risking my data. Is there any other way to fix this problem myself?

Starter Poster

by Ecnal Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (463 Views)
Interesting. I tried both of those things on mine and they still work ok. Did you download the update over wifi or mobile data? Not sure if there would be any difference there.
Starter Poster

by Sims Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (461 Views)
I downloaded it over wifi
New Poster

by blinker_bot New Poster
Message 6 of 7 (429 Views)

Hey I just downloaded the VFD-710_MBR04 as well and now i can't use the recent apps button. Haven't found a fix yet

Starter Poster

by Sims Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (422 Views)

I tried everything I could but I wasn't able to find a way to fix this problem. Is there a way to reinstall the update or get rid of it altogether?

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors