Unlocking a Vodafone locked phone.

Starter Poster

Unlocking a Vodafone locked phone.

by jmluph Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (871 Views)

I am trying to unlock a vodafone smart ultra 6 to accept simcard from another provider. I managed to go to the unlocking service at the vodafone website, entered the CORRECT IMEI number but it ishows that the phone does not appear on their records. I called the number on the message but sadly they not helpful. I bought the phone July 2016 from a vodafone shop Hamilton NZ. Can any NINJAs  help me? Probably the shop forgot to input the phone IMEI on the system. I still have the reciept with me.vodafone.JPG

Honoured Contributor

Re: Unlocking a Vodafone locked phone.

by Honoured Contributor Honoured Contributor
Message 2 of 7 (864 Views)

Smart Ultra 6 is not locked Smiley Happy

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by jmluph Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (860 Views)
Spoiler

That's what I understand of the message but when I inserted a SPARK simcard just NO SERVICE - EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY. Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Starter Poster

Invoice Attached to determine whether the term "bundled" refers to a locked or unlocked phone.

by jmluph Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (852 Views)

Hi,

Attached is the tax invoice to determine whether the term "bundled" as stated on the receipt refers to a locked or unlocked phone. 

If locked, can you unlocked and what are the requirements? 

If unlocked, I did try inserting a SPARK sim card but I can't use a Spark sim card on the phone itself. There is a continued message on my phone that states  I have no service, only for emergency calls I can use the phone. 

It is importnat that this be sorted out as I would like to be given an option of using the phone with another provider previously mentioned in my email. 

Your response is highly appreacited. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jose

vod2.JPG

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor

Re: Invoice Attached to determine whether the term "bundled" refers to a locked or unlocke

Message 5 of 7 (830 Views)

Ive taken a look into this and have found out why its not working with Spark. Vodafone uses the 900MHZ 3G signal whereas Spark uses 850MHZ. This phone doesnt support 850MHZ and therefore will not pick up a Spark Signal. You can check Spark compatability here.

Sorry about that!

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Honoured Contributor

Re: Invoice Attached to determine whether the term "bundled" refers to a locked or unlocke

Message 6 of 7 (829 Views)

"Bundled" refers to the fact that the phone is bundled with a Prepay Sim

Starter Poster

by UNSEENWOLF314 Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (798 Views)
Get it rooted to try as bandwidths do overlap partially.
Posted from Sony D6603
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 33w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors