Poor coverage mobile phone

New Poster

Poor coverage mobile phone

by KarynWoodhouse New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (323 Views)

Hi, we are having difficulties with network connection inside our single story house in a major city.  I am unsure why this is happening but I often only have 1 bar or none and when I am on a call it usually drops out or the person can't hear me. We recently bought a Sure Signal device and installed that. It appears to be connected properly and working but it hasnt changed the bars on our mobile devices at all.  What else can we try? I will be sending the Sure Signal back as it hasnt worked. 

Suggestions? 

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

Re: Poor coverage mobile phone

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Hi Karyn. Your phone might be displaying your 4G coverage which a mobile will generally be connecting to if it gets sufficient signal.

However we dont do voice over the 4G network so when a call is made or recieved the network sends a command to the device to drop to 3G for the duration of the call.

So I would suggest checking what the coverage is like what you're actually on a call - hopefully it's at full strength.

Starter Poster

Re: Poor coverage mobile phone

by Andyvoda Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)

Hi. I have a similar problem with poor signal in a Central Auckland suburb. I'm still investigating the problem and I have a few questions.

1. Is data coverage strength any indication of mobile talk strength or quality?

I have really poor signal strength when I check the status in device settings (-100dbm) and usually one bar on the mobile indicator. Calls are poor quality with interruptions. But I have 4G data! I also checked my coverage on the Vodafone website, and I should have a strong 3G signal and weaker 4G.

2. Does it matter if mobile data is turned off while making calls?

I usually turn it off when I'm at home because I have Wi-Fi. Wil my calls be better if I keep data on?

3. Does the weather have any impact on mobile communications?

It's been cloudy and raining while my calls were of poor quality.

NB: I don't have any signal booster device in my home unlike Karyn.

Posted from Generic Android 4.4
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors