Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Update

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Update

by Praab_NZ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (660 Views)

Following the trend of a few recent posts - are there any details on when Vodafone NZ will release Android 8.0 for the Galaxy Note 8? Some overseas carriers have released theirs in the past few days on the Exynos SoCs.

Any indication of timeline would be appreciated!

Retired Staff

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Update

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 3 (619 Views)

@Praab_NZ Soooooo many threads explaining this process, Mobile carriers only approve the update then it's over to Samsung Korea to push out the update and sometimes it's taken 1 week and times it's taken up to 4 - 6 weeks

The carriers always test updates very quickly 

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo Update

by Praab_NZ Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (607 Views)

Thanks for the info John,

Could you link me to one of these threads, I'm interested to learn more. Though I  was looking for a timeline or time estimate out of interest.

I did however think (could be wrong) that Samsung consults the carrier for modifications and these modifications vary per carrier. So although the carrier might not directly affect the timeline they may request changes to the final build that can significantly delay the development process. The final part as you mentioned is for the approval of the carrier and submission for OTA deployment back at Samsung, but it may have gone back and forth multiple times at the behest of the Carrier. That was my understanding anyhow.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors