False recognition of number internationally

Starter Poster

False recognition of number internationally

by MarkJC Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (464 Views)

We've texted 3 different Vodafone mobile numbers in Ireland from 3 different NZ vodafone mobile numbers over the past 3 weeks. In every instance the receiver sees a different (seems random) number as the sender each time. They do not even have NZ country code. This does not happen if an Irish mobile number sends a text from NZ to Ireland. I tried Vodafone NZ 777 technical support 3 times and they have no idea what the cause is and thus cannot suggest a solution. I wonder if it is more common and may be better to switch to a more reliable provider? 

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: False recognition of number internationally

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (456 Views)
Please call tech Support, 0800 921 021 and ask for an INC fault ticket to be raised. Provide at least 3 specific examples: ie , Sender Number, Reciever Number, Date & Time, and what TPOA (CLI) did the reciever see on their handset. This will need to be investigated by our hub provider.
NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by MarkJC Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

This is the screen shot of the receivers phone. The two 35668823** numbers are from two different NZ 021** numbers. 

Below are earlier screen shots from a third 021** number. You see each time the recipient gets a different number shown on their phone even though coming from the same number (and a different country code). 

Thank you for your reply. 

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (390 Views)

MarkJC wrote:

This is the screen shot of the receivers phone. The two 35668823** numbers are from two different NZ 021** numbers. 

Below are earlier screen shots from a third 021** number. You see each time the recipient gets a different number shown on their phone even though coming from the same number (and a different country code). 

Thank you for your reply. 

I've removed the images from your post, as this is a public forum and everyone can see the images you post..

As suggested previously, have you called tech support on the number I provided and asked for an INC Fault ticket to be logged with examples for incorrect TPOA being displayed on B-# side? This needs to be done so the responsible team can log this with our SMS Hub provider and have this rectified.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 40w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors