Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

Starter Poster

Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

by ajc28 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (474 Views)

I have switched my number from 2 Degrees to Vodafone this week and am using Vodafone Smart V8. Since the switch I am constantly getting a notification saying "Call+ & Message+ Tap to Complete Setup." It then asks me to confirm my number which I do and says I will get a notification when everything is complete, and then nothing happens. The message seems to keep coming up every time I connect to internet (either WIFI or data). I went into a Vodafone store and they guy was stumped too. 

Everything is working fine so it's no major concern, just annoying I can't get rid of the notification. Any ideas?

Starter Poster

Re: Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

by Turbonz Starter Poster
Message 2 of 7 (335 Views)
Exactly the same annoying problem with my and my wife's Vodafone Smart Ultra 7's. We have not switched telecommunications companies and have had these mobiles for over a year without any previous occurrence until September 2018 and now it is frequent. Help, Vodafone!
Posted from Vodafone VFD 700
Starter Poster

by DavidRoss Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (307 Views)

This sounds like the same problem I complained about in this thread over a week ago. No reply from any Vodafone staffers so far. Smiley Sad

Starter Poster

by Turbonz Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (298 Views)

Hi. I actually spoke to a "Vodafone Ninja" on Friday and he made the effort to give me step by step instructions for my Smart Ultra 7 and told me to text a reply if they didn't work. Ha! They were very inappropriate for my phone. I did find a setting during my exploration of Settings, but it has had no effect. As for texting him... I have done twice, the first taking him through what i had done, but he has not replied. I might try again to speak to a ninja, but I doubt I will get the same person, "MJ". If I, by some miracle, solve this annoying problem I will let you know. I hope you will reciprocate. Best wishes.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 7 (290 Views)

@Turbonz

Apologies for the hassle. I'll reach out to our devices team to see what the story is.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by DavidRoss Starter Poster
Message 6 of 7 (145 Views)

@MikeHales wrote:

@Turbonz

Apologies for the hassle. I'll reach out to our devices team to see what the story is.

m

*bump* Any progress on this, MikeHales?

Highlighted
New Poster

by Chookinator New Poster
Message 7 of 7 (88 Views)

I have the same annoying issue on my Smart Ultra 6.

CLearing the apps cache and data has no impact

HELP!!!

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors