Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

Starter Poster

Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

by ajc28 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (513 Views)

I have switched my number from 2 Degrees to Vodafone this week and am using Vodafone Smart V8. Since the switch I am constantly getting a notification saying "Call+ & Message+ Tap to Complete Setup." It then asks me to confirm my number which I do and says I will get a notification when everything is complete, and then nothing happens. The message seems to keep coming up every time I connect to internet (either WIFI or data). I went into a Vodafone store and they guy was stumped too. 

Everything is working fine so it's no major concern, just annoying I can't get rid of the notification. Any ideas?

Starter Poster

Re: Call+ & Message + Tap to complete Setup - Then what?

by Turbonz Starter Poster
Message 2 of 9 (374 Views)
Exactly the same annoying problem with my and my wife's Vodafone Smart Ultra 7's. We have not switched telecommunications companies and have had these mobiles for over a year without any previous occurrence until September 2018 and now it is frequent. Help, Vodafone!
Posted from Vodafone VFD 700
Starter Poster

by DavidRoss Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (346 Views)

This sounds like the same problem I complained about in this thread over a week ago. No reply from any Vodafone staffers so far. Smiley Sad

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 9 (337 Views)

Hi. I actually spoke to a "Vodafone Ninja" on Friday and he made the effort to give me step by step instructions for my Smart Ultra 7 and told me to text a reply if they didn't work. Ha! They were very inappropriate for my phone. I did find a setting during my exploration of Settings, but it has had no effect. As for texting him... I have done twice, the first taking him through what i had done, but he has not replied. I might try again to speak to a ninja, but I doubt I will get the same person, "MJ". If I, by some miracle, solve this annoying problem I will let you know. I hope you will reciprocate. Best wishes.

Highlighted
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 9 (329 Views)

@Turbonz

Apologies for the hassle. I'll reach out to our devices team to see what the story is.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by DavidRoss Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (184 Views)

@MikeHales wrote:

@Turbonz

Apologies for the hassle. I'll reach out to our devices team to see what the story is.

m

*bump* Any progress on this, MikeHales?

New Poster

by Chookinator New Poster
Message 7 of 9 (127 Views)

I have the same annoying issue on my Smart Ultra 6.

CLearing the apps cache and data has no impact

HELP!!!

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 9 (19 Views)
Hi Mike Hales, it's been six weeks since you posted the encouraging message regarding the continual notification from Call+ & Message + that I need to confirm my Vodafone number by tapping by my number. I see this several times a day (as does my wife on her identical Smart Ultra 7). I check the number every time, including the country code. I do not put the 0 of 021 in as I realise I should not. Two other forum members have contacted me to tell me that they are having the same issue.
The only feature of this situation that may be worth considering is that my wife and I each replaced our Vodafone NZ SIM for a Vodafone UK one as we used Vodafone UK Prepay and when we returned to NZ we replaced them with our usual Vodafone NZ SIM's. Everything else works fine.
Posted from Vodafone VFD 700
Ninja Initiate

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 9 of 9 (12 Views)

Have you tried going to Apps> Settings >More Connection Settings> Default Messaging App> and select a different messaging app please? 

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors