vodafone smart ultra 6 screen unresponsive

New Poster

Re: vodafone smart ultra 6 screen unresponsive

by essex29 New Poster
Message 11 of 20 (2,999 Views)

Hi there my phone just did the ezact same thing. However i held down the power key and down volume for 30 seconds even when the screen goes off and its turned back on, lets me put in my passcode again now. Although the phone is still playing up, and telling me facebook has suddenly stopped, But i hope it helps you to recover your data before maybe doing a hard reset. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by overflow46 Starter Poster
Message 12 of 20 (7,713 Views)

Hi there, i held down the power key and down volume for 30 seconds and it works. The phone requests to shut down and then you can turn it on. The main issues are with facebook and messenger apps.

I uninstalled them both and now it seems to work again.

So for all the people who got the same problem i recommend to try this way.

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎05-08-2016 12:47 PM
New Poster

by VickiCross New Poster
Message 13 of 20 (2,847 Views)

Thanks for the fix!  This was doing my head in, all good now - without fb and messenger  Smiley Happy

New Poster

by Julia1 New Poster
Message 14 of 20 (2,762 Views)
This happed to me last night, id restart the phone ( hold power button and volume button) it would work normally for a while then came up with "Facebook is not responding" and my phone screen would freeze then turn black so i restarted it again, once i unstalled Facebook my phone is working normaly again.
Posted from Vodafone Smart Ultra 6
New Poster

by Tasha97 New Poster
Message 15 of 20 (2,717 Views)

Hi, 

The same happended to me this morning, so i just hold down the volume and power button and did the same and it worked!!! 

Thankyou

New Poster

by Mmhaylock New Poster
Message 16 of 20 (2,603 Views)
Mine has been doing the same since Facebook updated a couple of days ago. I can't gt in to FB, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times hasn't helped. Keeps saying it is unresponsive or has stopped. FB messenger won't work either. Now other apps are having issues, including time hop and pinterest. The phone randomly decided it was 2.30am overnight, causing me to miss my alarm and sleep in. It wouldn't unlock, it wouldn't turn off, no calls coming through.
I googled on my laptop and found how to do a hard reset - press and hold the power button for 30 seconds!
Facebook and messenger still not working, phone freezes and needs hard resetting about 6 times a day. Sounds like a common fault this week with these phones. I will have to take it to the store
Posted from Vodafone Smart Ultra 6
Starter Poster

by Leesh1991 Starter Poster
Message 17 of 20 (2,544 Views)

I went into the Vodafone store today. All they can do is uninstall FB and Messenger. They took my details and will call when a new update for Facebook comes out. So if everyone would like to save a trip into town, this is the best option. =)

Vodafone is liasing with Facebook because the guy in the store said this phone is available globally. So it won't just be us.

=)

Hope this helps.

In the meantime, it's gotten me away from Facebook pretty good. Lol.

New Poster

by KaurDeep New Poster
Message 18 of 20 (2,423 Views)

thx.. it works

New Poster

by RamonAlexSosich New Poster
Message 19 of 20 (2,008 Views)

And what if you did all that and the screen is still frozen/unresponsive? 

New Poster

by NormanHoani New Poster
Message 20 of 20 (65 Views)

Hi, i have done the full reset on my phone, restarted it as displayed...only to find that when my phone turned on it keeps freezing at the vodafone logo. It doesnt go any further than that. Can anyone help me plz. Cheers!

Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 11 Kudos
  • 18 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today