vodafone smart ultra 6 screen unresponsive

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

vodafone smart ultra 6 screen unresponsive

by jessmeg10 New Poster
Message 1 of 22 (13,870 Views)

i was in an app and the screen has gone unresponsive and the screen will come on if i press the power button but i cant reset the phone or anything as the screen isnt working. help! the phones only new and this hasnt happened before

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: vodafone smart ultra 6 screen unresponsive

by overflow46 Starter Poster
Message 12 of 22 (9,826 Views)

Hi there, i held down the power key and down volume for 30 seconds and it works. The phone requests to shut down and then you can turn it on. The main issues are with facebook and messenger apps.

I uninstalled them both and now it seems to work again.

So for all the people who got the same problem i recommend to try this way.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎05-08-2016 12:47 PM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

[ Edited ]
by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 22 (13,804 Views)

Hi @jessmeg10,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Vodafone Community.

I would recommend taking the mobile to one of the Vodafone stores to have a look at it for you and if needed send it to get checked and fixed. All Vodafone mobiles are under a warranty of 24 months for the mobile itself and 12 months for batteries and accessories. So if the mobile phone was not dropped or damaged in any way then it will be covered by the warranty.

Another option that you may want to try is to reset the mobile back to factory settings (only if you already have a backup of your stored data on your mobile). This can be done via the following steps which won't involve pressing on the screen at all:

1. Power off the phone
  2. After the phone is completely switched off, press and hold on the Volume Up (the red button on the side) + the Power button (the yellow one on the side)

1. After pressing and holding on both buttons for few seconds, a menu will appear on the screen with different options, use the Volume down button (the blue one on the side) to scroll down to Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Once this option is highlighted, press on the Power button (the yellow one) to choose it.

1. Use the Volume Down (blue button) to choose Yes, and select it with the Power button (Yellow)

1. Select Reboot system now with the Power button (yellow)

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

^Ahmed

New Poster

by mb98__ New Poster
Message 3 of 22 (12,664 Views)

Hi,

my phone is also in the same situaiton, except I downloaded an app and now the app has stuffed my screen up.

When I push the power button, a black screen comes up but I can see the vibrate, flight mode and battery icon at the top. I've tried holding the power button to restart or turn off my phone but I can't see anything - so it's impossible to do the hard reset.

Is there any other way to restart my phone?

New Poster

by AnzacTemaapiiTeAmotahi New Poster
Message 4 of 22 (11,826 Views)

my phone has the same problem too. i cant reset the phone because the phone is unresponsive. the only thing that it reponds to is that when i press the power button the screen back light will flash but icant turn it off or adjust the sound. it hasnt had any recent drops, it has had a few minor drops, but nothing to cause any problems with the phone. the phone is also relatively new less than six months after purchase.

New Poster

by JacksonHerman New Poster
Message 5 of 22 (11,702 Views)

exact same thing happened to mine today

New Poster

by DuncanBaker New Poster
Message 6 of 22 (11,684 Views)

My phone has just died on me, the screen will home screen to unlock, however the touch is not responding at all and I am unable to do anything.  Is there a way to hard reset? ( note that nothing is responding )

New Poster

by pwilliamson New Poster
Message 7 of 22 (11,663 Views)

Vodafone - wht'a going on.  Yet another with the same fault.  Lock screen comes on on power, nothing else responsive.  If the battery runs out and is recharged, will this make any difference when it reboots?

Starter Poster

by Leesh1991 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 22 (11,627 Views)

Hi Vodafone, 

My phone began doing this today, too.

Last night it required an update for some things, which it naturally did when I restarted my phone after work.

It told me that the Facebook app was unresponsive, and the same for my Messenger app.

This didn't come right today, either.

I used it today at work at lunch time, and when I went to use it after work, the power on button worked to turn the screen lights on, but it won't respond to any touch.

It seems as if this has happened to a lot of Smart 6 Ultras today.

No calls could come through from my child's daycare, and this really concerns me.

New Poster

by mark77 New Poster
Message 9 of 22 (11,601 Views)

the same thing happened to my phone i updated facebook and the app just came up blank and then the phone came up with process system isn't responding and now the phone is stuck on the background picture and nothing happens, please help 

Starter Poster

by Leesh1991 Starter Poster
Message 10 of 22 (11,594 Views)

Mark, I actually rang Vodafone tonight. He said it's under warranty, and it will be covered. It is a case of needing to take it into the Vodafone store. =) Which is a pain in the bum, but I guess at least it'll get fixed. 

The guy on the phone said you will NEED to let them know to back up your data first. Purely because of the fault meaning that we actually can't back it up ourselves with the screen frozen.

Stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 11 Kudos
  • 20 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today