roaming

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

roaming

by griblet Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,653 Views)

Hi there

I will be traveling to Turkey and wish to use data on my phone while there. Am going on to Europe later and will be using the $5 a day roaming on my account while there so I understand all that and what is required but I cant understand the data angel and how it works.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: roaming

[ Edited ]
by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (2,062 Views)

Data angel is a service offered by Vodafone to stop you from getting a huge bill while roaming in countries that Vodafone can't offer you the $5 a day service in or if you are not on an eligible plan for $5 a day...

You buy data angel internet packs... its like buying an internet data addon within New Zealand, except these are internet addons for Roaming Customers, which is simply called Data Angel...

**EDIT - Data Angel stops you from using Casual Data Rates while roaming (i.e $4 per MB)

It is automatically activated as you land in your destination (Turkey) and you will be sent a SMS not long after turning your mobile phone on explaining how to buy a Data Angel bundle...

So when you land in Turkey you would Free TXT to 747 and then the size of bundle to buy (i.e B40, B100 or B200)

$15 for 40MB

$30 for 100MB

$50 for 200MB

You can also set this before you leave New Zealand upto 30 days before you fly by using the same method as above or by visiting m.vodafone.co.nz/roam on your device and following the instructions on screen

I Hope this helps

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author griblet
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (2,063 Views)

Data angel is a service offered by Vodafone to stop you from getting a huge bill while roaming in countries that Vodafone can't offer you the $5 a day service in or if you are not on an eligible plan for $5 a day...

You buy data angel internet packs... its like buying an internet data addon within New Zealand, except these are internet addons for Roaming Customers, which is simply called Data Angel...

**EDIT - Data Angel stops you from using Casual Data Rates while roaming (i.e $4 per MB)

It is automatically activated as you land in your destination (Turkey) and you will be sent a SMS not long after turning your mobile phone on explaining how to buy a Data Angel bundle...

So when you land in Turkey you would Free TXT to 747 and then the size of bundle to buy (i.e B40, B100 or B200)

$15 for 40MB

$30 for 100MB

$50 for 200MB

You can also set this before you leave New Zealand upto 30 days before you fly by using the same method as above or by visiting m.vodafone.co.nz/roam on your device and following the instructions on screen

I Hope this helps

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Solution
Accepted by topic author griblet
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by griblet Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (1,418 Views)

Hi there again

Thanks you for your previous help, however I have a further query. I inted to purchase data angel before I leave Nz and my query is..when i turn on my phone in Turkey do I need to turn off the roaming on m yphone, and will data angel be automatically take over and work from there.?

Also is the Vatican state part of the roaming package  in Italy or is it separate?

Thanks

Carol

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today