Will the Motorola G4 work in NZ?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Will the Motorola G4 work in NZ?

by snapper Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (890 Views)

I was wondering if an American import of the motorala G4 (model number xt1625) would work in NZ. It seems to support the right frequencies (3G 900mhz and 2100mhz,  4G LTE 1800mhz and 2600mhz but not 700mhz) but I have heard that carries will sometimes block certain mobile phones (is this the case?). Will it work in NZ? Any help regarding this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: Will the Motorola G4 work in NZ?

by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (1,677 Views)

Hi @snapper & Welcome to the Vodafone Community Smiley Very Happy

I have had a quick look at the specs of this phone on Google and it seems that this phone would be compatiable with Vodafone NZ on 3G network. However i am unsure about the 4G side of things sorry.

In terms of blocking the phones i presume you are reffering to a phone being Sim Locked or Network Locked?

That means the phone would only allow the originating network (example Verizon) Sim Cards to be used in that phone. Most phones can be unlocked for a small fee depending on the network the phone has come from and you would need to contact that phone company to find out how you do this.
But not all phone carriers do this to their devices Smiley Happy

Do you know what network the phone originated from? Verizon, T-Mobile, Comcast or perhaps another? I could have a look for you Smiley Very Happy

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author snapper
‎14-08-2016 01:53 PM

All Replies
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 4 (1,678 Views)

Hi @snapper & Welcome to the Vodafone Community Smiley Very Happy

I have had a quick look at the specs of this phone on Google and it seems that this phone would be compatiable with Vodafone NZ on 3G network. However i am unsure about the 4G side of things sorry.

In terms of blocking the phones i presume you are reffering to a phone being Sim Locked or Network Locked?

That means the phone would only allow the originating network (example Verizon) Sim Cards to be used in that phone. Most phones can be unlocked for a small fee depending on the network the phone has come from and you would need to contact that phone company to find out how you do this.
But not all phone carriers do this to their devices Smiley Happy

Do you know what network the phone originated from? Verizon, T-Mobile, Comcast or perhaps another? I could have a look for you Smiley Very Happy

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Solution
Accepted by topic author snapper
‎14-08-2016 01:53 PM
Starter Poster

by snapper Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (874 Views)

Sorry, my mistake, I did not state my question clearly enough. I believe that the phone is unlocked but I was wondering if an NZ carrier (eg. vodafone) could block this phone from operating on it's network, even though the phone would support the right frequencies. Is this possible? Thanks for the help regarding the frequencies that the phone would operate on.

Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (870 Views)

hi @snapper

No vodafone NZ will not block this phone from accessing their network Smiley Very Happy

Just insert the Sim and you'll be good to go Smiley Very Happy

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

- Kamrin 

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 40w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today