Where did the red and green answer call symbols go?

Starter Poster

Where did the red and green answer call symbols go?

by MzViolet Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (102 Views)
Hello all, I could not answer my Vodafone smart prime 6. I used to get a dark background with a red dismiss symbol and a green answer symbol to chose from. BUT now it rings and the screen shows the number pad as if I am making a call, not receiving a call. There is no answer button or symbol to chose. I tried all the numbers and the speaker symbol and the ones next to that in the line but nothing answers the call. Frustrating! So I had to ring myself over and over to work out how to answer. It seems I have to pull down the notification bar to find out who is calling and see small grey symbols on white background to answer or decline the call. So I can answer it but I have to find the answer button there.
Just why?????
What is the point of the number pad coming up on the screen when it's useless in that moment that you want to say hello? I liked the red and green. This is not intuitive. Why did you change it? Made me feel like a dodo.
Posted from Vodafone 895n
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Where did the red and green answer call symbols go?

by TKaikouraTS Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

"Why did you change it?" You imply that Vodafone have any control over how your device operates, other than providing a connection to the subscriber.

I know this thread is over a week old, but if you haven't had any success the best I could find with such limited information is this forum thread.

Starter Poster

Re: Where did the red and green answer call symbols go?

by MzViolet Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
I'm not tech savy. Nor do I have money for expensive devices.
There is no link to a forum in your reply so I have no idea what you mean.
This is a Vodafone phone. Made by Vodafone for use on the Vodafone network, so why would they not have something to do with how my phone operates? They made the thing and sold it to me. This is the only online place I can find to ask Vodafone about it. For such a big company, it is surprisingly difficult to send them feedback on their product.
I don't think it's too much to ask for my purchase to work without stupid problems for at least 5yrs just like any other appliance. This phone is just over a year old. Yes, I'm old school, and expect a quality product for my hard fought dollars.
Posted from Vodafone 895n
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today