Vodafone smart ultra 6 wont turn on

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone smart ultra 6 wont turn on

by SharnaRussell New Poster
Message 1 of 14 (8,072 Views)

I have just brought a vodafone smart ultra 6,  i have had it two days, i charged it for the first time last night now it wont turn on, when charging it has the blue ring to say it is charging but nothing else at all

Posted from Samsung GT-P5210

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Vodafone smart ultra 6 wont turn on

by LeeanneLawrie New Poster
Message 13 of 14 (4,380 Views)

Just had this problem, phone not turning on although the blue ring is lit whilst on charge. Luckily though witha bit of luck I held the power button in and a then followed by holding volume up at the same time, it gave me a system menu the top option being reboot system now which I did and the phone is now back on. I think the battery is damaged but I wont let it run out of charge ever again. will keep updated within a few days but for now its on.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎22-09-2016 03:51 PM

All Replies
Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 14 (8,056 Views)

Hi @SharnaRussell

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your brand new phone.

It's probably a good idea to take it back to place of purchase for them to investigate. As you have only had it for less than 7 days, I beleive they may be able to swap it out as it may be considered 'out of box' failure.

Mary

Starter Poster

by camboheath Starter Poster
Message 3 of 14 (7,951 Views)

Exact same thing has happened to me! phone is not even a week old! charged it overnight through my laptop and when i went to use it it only displayed the blue ring. Changing power source and charging cable doesnt fix the issue. I have moved to a new city since purchasing so i cant take it to the shop.

Also this phone has a nano sim card so i cant even put it back in my old micro sim card phone and use that! This is a huge issue for me because i require my phone for my job. Very disapppointed and in need of a quick fix.

Trusted Partner

Message 4 of 14 (7,948 Views)

Hi @camboheath

Sorry to hear of your phone issues. Any issues that involve software/hardware are best dealt with in store. Sadly, we cannot diagnose any faults on the community.

Some stores offer loan phones for a returnable deposit. Best to take it in asap for a service agent to look at Smiley Happy

Mary

Starter Poster

by camboheath Starter Poster
Message 5 of 14 (7,647 Views)

returned it to store, couldnt be fixed so they sent me a new one. Had new one for about 3 weeks and exact same thing has just happened!!! is this phone cursed or something?

Trusted Partner

Message 6 of 14 (7,587 Views)

That'sbad luck! It's not common believe me. Hope they replaced it for you:-)

Ged
New Poster

by Ged New Poster
Message 7 of 14 (6,576 Views)

I Bought a new Vodafone Smart Ulra 6 six days ago, and it too won't turn on.  As per the previous reports, it shows a blue circle  on screen while charhing, but nothing else...  It seems that this is a fault with these phones.

Starter Poster

by deliciousirony Starter Poster
Message 8 of 14 (6,357 Views)

Also having this problem.  Had my phone about six months.  Plugged in and the blue ring is on at the bottom.  I saw on the UK vodafone site that this problem eventually sorted itself for many people on that website.  Anyone here had that luck?

Starter Poster

by deliciousirony Starter Poster
Message 9 of 14 (6,355 Views)

Held down the power button for about 30 seconds and it restarted.  I don't know if this was affected by an update of some kind or what, but the My Vodafone app has a different icon, so.....???!!!  I dunno, but it's going again!

New Poster

by Aelia New Poster
Message 10 of 14 (6,116 Views)

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

I bought this Vodafone Ultrasmart phone 5 or 6 months back, and it was working fine until today.

This morning as well, it was working fine, but now when I came back to check my social updates, it is turned off. So, I tried to turn on, but it doesn't happen. So I put it on charging, and came back to check if it switches on, but it doesn't. 

It is showing the blue circle when I put it on charging, but it is not turning on.

I don't know what to do. I have a lot of data and apps installed. 

Please advise.

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today