Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Facebook + Messenger *UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD*

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Facebook + Messenger *UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD*

by Tekiu Starter Poster
Message 1 of 13 (4,032 Views)
My problems actually started on Friday after my apps updated they started working slow. My phone suddenly started freezing I would have to long press the power button to shut it down. I ended up uninstalling my social networking apps as they kept crashing but when I went to install them back on google play it said my device was incompatible. Is there any reason for this? I'm confused.
Posted from Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ninja Adept

Re: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Facebook + Messenger *UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD*

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 13 (6,529 Views)

So as per above there have been issues with the Facebook app causing crashes to some of these devices such as the 'Smart' after a FB app update.

VF Global is working with Facebook to resolve this issue which is reliant on FB updating the application. As a method to prevent further crashes the app is temporarily not available on the google playstore for impacted devices.

My understanding is they're expecting Facebook to release a patched up version of the app soon.

Emphasis - this issue has not been caused by Vodafone.

In the meantime you can still access Facebook by going to m.facebook.com in your phone browser.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Tekiu
‎11-08-2016 04:57 AM

All Replies
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 13 (4,021 Views)

Its to do with Facebook updating there software (Facebook & Messenger apps).

People have been reporting issues with those 2 apps with the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 for a while and is also affecting the Vodafone customers in Ireland as i have seen many posts on the Vodafone eForum (Vodafone NZ Community equivalent) 

I have made a tutorial as a temporary workaround by clicking here

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Starter Poster

by Charrington Starter Poster
Message 3 of 13 (3,987 Views)

My phone has done the same thing, uninstalled then had to reboot phone, still not working, and now the phone decides to do what it wants, cannnot use it then it vibrates and goes does it own thing, now I'm left with no phone, absolutely lost with out it maybe should have stayed with spark, sent back to vodafone to *fix* the issue

kamrind wrote:

People have been reporting issues with those 2 apps with the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 for a while and is also affecting the Vodafone customers in Ireland as i have seen many posts on the Vodafone eForum (Vodafone NZ Community equivalent) 

kamrind wrote:

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 13 (6,530 Views)

So as per above there have been issues with the Facebook app causing crashes to some of these devices such as the 'Smart' after a FB app update.

VF Global is working with Facebook to resolve this issue which is reliant on FB updating the application. As a method to prevent further crashes the app is temporarily not available on the google playstore for impacted devices.

My understanding is they're expecting Facebook to release a patched up version of the app soon.

Emphasis - this issue has not been caused by Vodafone.

In the meantime you can still access Facebook by going to m.facebook.com in your phone browser.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Tekiu
‎11-08-2016 04:57 AM
Starter Poster

by wjroy Starter Poster
Message 5 of 13 (3,949 Views)

Well, you say it's not caused by Vodafone? at the end of the da

Starter Poster

by wjroy Starter Poster
Message 6 of 13 (3,945 Views)

cont. at the end of the day it's a Vodafone Cell phone and as it appears it doens't happen to any other brands of Mobiles? so, it's still a VF problem!!!

Starter Poster

by Theaffman Starter Poster
Message 7 of 13 (3,893 Views)
So side issue I have. An app called System updates by a developer called chongdong. It can't be uninstalled. Is this legitimate? Or malware?
Jlu
New Poster

by Jlu New Poster
Message 8 of 13 (3,736 Views)
Yes, also notice that app. I immediately bought a security app, thinking its a malware. Run scan didnt show up. Probably a backdoor app for this china made phone. Scary.
New Poster

by Purple New Poster
Message 9 of 13 (3,702 Views)
Hey I have same issue. My old s3 and crappy old Acer tablet all work fine. Its just this "smart" ultra 6 Vodafone phone that's the issue.
How will we know if and when Facebook do this update patch to correct this failed service on your behalf?
Have they informed you of any timeframe?
Starter Poster

by Tekiu Starter Poster
Message 10 of 13 (2,982 Views)
It is quite frustrating tho when the only way to access your fb messages is either through the messenger app or on a desktop. Guess well just have to wait
Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today