Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Apps stop working

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Apps stop working

by RúbenDeus Starter Poster
Message 1 of 28 (5,010 Views)

Hi.

Yesterday all was fine with my phone. Today I woke up and I couldn't do anything with it cause it froze during the night, like I tried to use it at 8:00 am and its clock shown 3:45 am. I managed to shut it down by pressing volume up + volume down + power button and then reboot it and it was all ok. A few minutes after that he froze again and i did exactly the same thing. It happened 3 or 4 times more and then I decided to reset it to factory settings. It was 3 pm maybe. All ok until now (6:30 pm), all apps stop working suddenly and the main screen too so the phone gets black and I can't do anything without rebooting it every 2 or 3 mins. Can someone help me fixing this?

Best Regards.

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Apps stop working

Message 2 of 28 (4,999 Views)

SOLVED: Apparently Facebook newest version is getting trouble to many Smart Ultra 6 users. The situation has been reported already and will be fixed as soon as possible. The solution stands by installing Facebook while the main app is waiting for new update

New Poster

by KateSkulander New Poster
Message 3 of 28 (4,987 Views)

Hi Ruben Deus

thanks for that info!  My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is also experiencing this issue, it was working fine last night until i decided to update Facebook and Instagram - then the Google Playstore started to havea a freak out, as did Facebook and Insta. Do you think we just wait and hope that they have an update for the apps soon that will retify the problem, or is it reccommended to uninstall / reinstall them both? What do you think?

Cheers,

Kate.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 28 (4,982 Views)

Hi Kate.

Right now all we can do is install Facebook Lite instead of the main app. I should've written that in my previous reply and don't know why I only wrote Facebook! At least for me when I uninstalled Facebook the Instagram app got to work right away.

Hope it helps you.

Best Regards!

Starter Poster

by ElseBlom Starter Poster
Message 5 of 28 (4,965 Views)

Thanks for that, I have exact same problem.

However, cannot get past the lock screen either anymore at the moment and it won't charge, so not all that happy!!

New Poster

by JoanneFisher New Poster
Message 6 of 28 (4,936 Views)

I had exactly the same problem last night when I updated Facebook last night. My phone kept on freezing and I was bombarded with the message "Unfortunately Facebook has stopped" every few seconds. One time it wouldn't unlock at all. I ended up uninstalling the Facebook app and my phone was ok again. Today I've been using the Firefox browser to access Facebook on my phone. I'm not reinstalling until I'm sure it is fixed. I left a few angry messages.

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 28 (4,879 Views)

Hi ElseBlom.

Have you tried to press vol up + vol down + power button and hold them for a few seconds in order to shut down the phone when it freezes? Try to charge it when it is turned off and then turn it on and try to uninstall facebook as fast as you can by acessing the apps menu >> hold the facebook icon >> Drag it to uninstall icon. 

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by FreddyBemand New Poster
Message 8 of 28 (4,735 Views)

ElseBlom...If you have not already tried it just hold the power button for about 30 secs (or untill you feel it buzz)

I have also unistalled facebook and installed "mini for facebook"

PS I had done a complete factory restore after my phone kept locking up and only just discovered that it was face book after resoring my files from Google.

Staff

by Staff VF_Operations Staff
Message 9 of 28 (4,608 Views)

We have been made aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, whereby the phone freezes when accessing Facebook and FB Messenger.

To un-freeze your phone, please follow the following steps:

1. Hold down the power and volume button for 15 seconds or so, wait for the vibrate
  2. This should restart the device with the fast loader screen (FTM)
  3. Press the power key again and it will shut off
  4. Hold the power key down again and to resume operation
  5. At this point we recommend that you log out of Facebook and uninstall Facebook Messenger and close the application down.

We suspect that this is due to a recent Facebook application update, however this is to be confirmed.

We will provide further updates when we have confirmed the root cause and when a permanent fix will be available.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may be causing you.

Regards

Vodafone Operations

Starter Poster

by DaveMcHugh Starter Poster
Message 10 of 28 (4,388 Views)

Same here. Facebook groups is working.

Stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 8 Kudos
  • 20 Contributors