Vodafone Smart Prime update problem

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Smart Prime update problem

[ Edited ]
by Justin_Ryan New Poster
Message 1 of 55 (4,434 Views)

I just received an alert saying there was a software update for my phone. When I downloaded the update it failed and reverted back to the orginal software. It was still offering me the update so I tried again. Now it's hung up on the boot screen and won't respond to anythin. If I hold down the power button for a while it tries to boot again, but still hangs on the boot screen.

Is this happening for others with the Smart Prime?

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Smart Prime update problem

by Rehnquist Starter Poster
Message 47 of 55 (5,270 Views)

Check this out:

http://androidforum.cz/post982823.html

It's in czech but it looks like a debrick method. Currently downloading the file, i'll check back later

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by HamishT (Retired Staff)
‎27-10-2015 03:28 PM

All Replies
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by 4gdemon Starter Poster
Message 2 of 55 (4,399 Views)

Same here I have the exact same problem, now I cant login to phone, it just restarts then gos to a 'no command' screen and just stays on that - am so not impressed I shouldve researhed the update before clicking it, but now my phone is bricked or whatever. What to do???

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 3 of 55 (4,378 Views)

Hi Justin and 4gdemon

Very sorry to hear the software update hasn't worked for you. If you could please take the phone into a Vodafone store and the Vodafone Ninjas there may be able to help you.

Thank you

Dylan

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 55 (4,363 Views)

Will do thanks! Smiley Happy Also happened to a friend at work too on his prime 6 - i'll let him know too otherwise it is still a great phone.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster GibbyAG Regular Poster
Message 5 of 55 (4,359 Views)

Dude, you need to make sure you pull the update and warn any Smart Prime oweners. This is a massive issue. Do you happen to have the stock firmware so we can flash it from the recovery menu?

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 6 of 55 (4,357 Views)

Most updates have been completed without any issues.

However our devices team will be looking into the problem and working on a fix.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Regular Poster

Message 7 of 55 (4,338 Views)

Do you have an ETA for the fix? If I send the phone off for repair it will take 10+ days. Don't really want to lose my phone for that long.

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 8 of 55 (4,305 Views)

We don't have further information at the moment about timeframes, causes or fixes sorry. I understand the update has worked well for the large majority of people, but don't know why there have been some problems.

Regular Poster

Message 9 of 55 (4,290 Views)

Well, the fix had better be pretty soon. I'm sure you understand that I am very displeased that your update ruined my phone, and am looking at switching away from Vodafone due to the massive inconvenience this has caused me. You broke my phone, and I would hope would fix it in a timely manner, but I guess that is too much to ask from your customer service.

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 55 (4,277 Views)

Yeah im angry too, has also made a huge inconvenience to me as I have a sick son via hospital in Australia. When the update showed up yesterday I didnt think anything would go wrong as it is just an update right? I wasnt expecting phone to just restart then hang at the screen saying error, very displeased about this, i'll have to try visit store when I can but im in the same boat as GibbyAG, if it is going to take 10 working days to fix then i'll have no other option but to restore previous

OS myself as can at least boot in to recovery screen. So wish I didnt update the useless 30mb update Smiley Sad

Stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 11 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today