Vodafone Smart 4 Mini - battery life?

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Mini - battery life?

[ Edited ]
by HelenC Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (2,082 Views)

We bought my son a Smart4 Mini recently. Over the last few days, the battery life has gotten really short! He turned it off this morning before school, and by the end of the school day it had gone from 60% to 20%. Why is this?

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone Smart 4 Mini - battery life?

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 5 of 5 (2,765 Views)

Hi @HelenC ,

It could be worth taking a look at our post on general battery saving tips for Android as well. Smiley Happy

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Staff Lon
Staff

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 2 of 5 (2,072 Views)

Hi @HelenC - I'm sorry, without knowing what he uses the phone for during the day it is very hard to tell. There are several battery monitoring apps that should be able to tell you what is draining the battery. Personally, I use GSam Battery Monitor available on the Play store to keep track of what's going on with my battery.

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Starter Poster

by HelenC Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (2,059 Views)

Thanks Lon, I guess we can try an app to do that. I'm still really confused though ... why would a battery lose power when the phone is turned off? Surely if an appliance is turned off then it's not using power? Is the battery likely to be a dud?

Staff Lon
Staff

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 4 of 5 (2,057 Views)

Hi @HelenC - if the phone was completely turned off, it shouldn't be using power at all so the battery might be dodgy if that is the case. Try the app I suggested, you can see exactly what is happening to the battery and what drains it over time. The stat screen looks like this:

gsam.jpg

Let us know how you get on!

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 5 of 5 (2,766 Views)

Hi @HelenC ,

It could be worth taking a look at our post on general battery saving tips for Android as well. Smiley Happy

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today