Unable to connect to windows 7 computer from Smart Ultra 6

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to windows 7 computer from Smart Ultra 6

by developu Starter Poster
Message 1 of 15 (6,764 Views)

Hi,

The drivers don't download and install when I connect the Vodafone smarphone to my windows 7 (SP1) computer when I connect them with the USB cable. I need to do this in order to run mobile apps I am developing on the phone.

I found the following the website which has a number of drivers for Vodafone devices including the Smart Ultra 6:  http://androidxda.com/download-vodafone-usb-drivers

Unfortunately downloading and installing the drivers does not help. The computer says that I need to update the drivers to fix the problem. However, it cannot find any updates for these drivers. There is no connection to the device showing in Windows Explorer.

I took the phone back into the Vodafone shop and they said they will see if any of their ninjas have any ideas but that was over a month ago and I have not heard back. I previously had a Samsung GS3 and I had no trouble with connecting that to the same computer.

Regards

developu

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Unable to connect to windows 7 computer from Smart Ultra 6

Message 5 of 15 (12,507 Views)
Thanks Nik.

The USB debugging was set but not MTP which I had not known about. The phone can now connect to the W7 computer and I can see the phone directories there.

Unfortunately I still cannot see the device in the Android IDE. The update drivers message on the computer is: ADB Interface does not have a driver.
Well we have made progress anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Developu

View solution in original post

Posted from Android 5.0
Solution
Accepted by topic author developu
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 15 (6,757 Views)

@NikT might be able to help with drivers.

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 3 of 15 (6,741 Views)

Try This.

Additionally, make sure USB debugging is enabled along with MTP (Under settings/storage/overflow menu/USB to PC/MTP).

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 4 of 15 (6,721 Views)

Thanks Nik! 

Posted from Samsung SM-N910U
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 15 (12,508 Views)
Thanks Nik.

The USB debugging was set but not MTP which I had not known about. The phone can now connect to the W7 computer and I can see the phone directories there.

Unfortunately I still cannot see the device in the Android IDE. The update drivers message on the computer is: ADB Interface does not have a driver.
Well we have made progress anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Developu
Posted from Android 5.0
Solution
Accepted by topic author developu
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by killuki Starter Poster
Message 6 of 15 (5,587 Views)

Hello, I'm having the same issue, and not only with Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 but also with Alcatel One Touch Pop 7041x and I'm really really TIRED of this.

I need to use the USB Debugging mode to use several applications from the PC, but my Windows is saying always that couldn't install the drivers.

-I already tried to install the drivers just by connecting the mobile phones to PC, DIDN'T WORNED.

-I already tried to install the Adb Drivers from this webpage but after installed it, the debug mode still doesn't work and on driver manager it is being shown as drivers not installed: http://androidmtk.com/download-vodafone-usb-drivers DIDN'T WORKED.

-I already downloaded the Adb Drivers from another webpage, DIDN'T WORKED.

-I even found the webpage from the official developer of the Adb drivers, I installed them, and also DIDN'T WORKED.

I don't know what's happening, is really strange when the same issue is happening on two devices.

Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 7 of 15 (5,585 Views)

Do you havre admin rights on the PC and what is device manager showing on the PC?

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 15 (5,580 Views)

000issue.jpg

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 15 (5,577 Views)

Yes I have admin rights (sorry the doublepost, the forum didn't let me write after have inserted the image).

In addition, this issue was happening also on Windows 10. I'm currently using Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 15 (5,549 Views)
I have only just upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem has disappeared. The phone can now connect to my android development tool on the computer and I have successfully run an app from there on the phone. I am not sure why you are still getting a problem killuki.
Posted from Vodafone Smart Ultra 6
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today