Spotify after Factory reset

Starter Poster

Spotify after Factory reset

by CaraNegus Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,411 Views)

I had to do a factory reset of my Smart Mini last night after it kept constantly freezing and rebooting every couple of minutes. I can use apps like Facebook, mobile banking etc and make/receive calls but for some reason Spotify will no longer work. It won't open to the login screen and then after a couple of minutes the phone crashes and tries to reboot itself. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested by Spotify (x 3) to no avail. So am thinking the issue may be with my phone?? Any suggestions/thoughts. Thanks!

Staff Lon
Staff

Re: Spotify after Factory reset

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 2 of 7 (1,380 Views)

That's annoying Smiley Sad Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy of Spotify to see if that helps? Clearing your app cache might also sort it.

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 7 (1,365 Views)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times. Turned phone off and taken battery out. Cleared cache every time. Checked settings. Have found Spotify community and see that Android Lollipop (whatever that is lol) users are having some issues, so maybe it is Spotify after all. As all other apps on my phone are fine.

Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 4 of 7 (1,354 Views)

Have you done a hard reset on your device after installing lollipop? I have had no issues with spotify since the upgrade. Try the hard reset but make sure you back everything up!

Mary

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (1,342 Views)

I don't think I have lollipop. How would I know. I did a full factory reset last Thursday and after that was when Spotify stopped working. I lost everything in the reset because the phone kept freezing and wouldn't connect to PC for me to back everything up

Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 6 of 7 (1,321 Views)

Are your software updates all up to date? you can go to settings,..device , about device and check software version in there.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (1,317 Views)

Yep, they are up to date. My system is Jellybean whatever that is. I've delved more into the Spotify community and it seems that there is a problem with their latest update not being compatible with Alcatel phones. My phone battery has alcatel branding on it.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today