Smart Ultra 6

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Smart Ultra 6

by Rowjo Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (2,228 Views)

Hi, I purchased a Smart ultra 6 ~18 days ago. I went to turn it on today (It was working fine since I bought it and last night) but the screen stays black. I have tried plugging it into my computer and the computer says "failure to identify device" after checking for drivers. When plugged in I get a solid blue light. Holding down the power button gives no tactical feedback or sound. Please help!

Regards,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Smart Ultra 6

[ Edited ]
by Rowjo Starter Poster
Message 6 of 7 (3,531 Views)

I got in contact with the technician at vodafone (by phone). They sugested I also go to the store I bought it at (and yes the screen didn't turn on). Just before I hung up they sugested I hold the "Home" and "Power" buttons for 20 seconds. After about 10 seconds It gave the tactical feed back and sound then was back to normal (with a screen display etc..).

Thank you for your help,

Jonathan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Rowjo
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (2,216 Views)

Hi @Rowjo,

You may need to perform a Hard Factory Reset on the phone. For help with how to do this see here

Please be aware that this will remove all user data from the phone (pictures, apps, texts etc)

I hope this helps

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

by Rowjo Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (2,187 Views)

It has now been over 24 hours since it was last working. I will try the hard reset and see what happens.

Thank you,

Jonathan 

Starter Poster

by Rowjo Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (2,186 Views)

I just tried the hard reset. Nothing.

Thanks

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 5 of 7 (2,174 Views)

Did the screen turn on when you did the factory reset?

It may be the best option to return the phone to your local Vodafone Store to be looked at by one of our team. It may be possible that the phone will need to be sent away to be repaired.

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Rowjo Starter Poster
Message 6 of 7 (3,532 Views)

I got in contact with the technician at vodafone (by phone). They sugested I also go to the store I bought it at (and yes the screen didn't turn on). Just before I hung up they sugested I hold the "Home" and "Power" buttons for 20 seconds. After about 10 seconds It gave the tactical feed back and sound then was back to normal (with a screen display etc..).

Thank you for your help,

Jonathan

Solution
Accepted by topic author Rowjo
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
New Poster

by ROLKANEX New Poster
Message 7 of 7 (245 Views)

My phone was operating normally before i switched it off, and when i turned it refused to boot it was just stocked on POWERED BY ANDROID so i had to do a manual restore factory data hoping it was going to solve the problem but its still that way when i try to switch it on.

SO I NEED HELP PLEASE....IMG_20170207_201711.jpg 

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today