Smart Ultra 6 - Upgraded to 6.0.1 now can't move apps to SD card

Starter Poster

Smart Ultra 6 - Upgraded to 6.0.1 now can't move apps to SD card

by somebodhi Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (231 Views)
Before upgrading to marshmallow 6.0.1 I could transfer some apps to my SD card. Since "upgrading" this function has disappeared, effectively taking away most of the purpose of having an SD card. Does anyone know how to fix this? Can I downgrade to 5.1.1 if necessary?
Posted from Android 6.0
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Smart Ultra 6 - Upgraded to 6.0.1 now can't move apps to SD card

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 6 (212 Views)

Hi there! What I would suggest would be backing up your SD card on another device(like a computer or something) and then in the phones settings, you can convert the SD to internal storage by formatting it while in the phone, this is a really innovative feature that Android released with marshmallow. Effectively restoring the feature again Smiley Happy

Good luck! 

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (199 Views)

Hi Zane, 

Thanks very much for the reply, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have the option to format the SD card to internal storage, it just defaults to external with no option to change to internal:

Format as internatl storage

From browsing a few forums, I couldn't find anything official but it seems that some manufacturers have opted to not make the internal storage option available. If this is the case with the VSU6 this is a **bleep** shame as the internal storage after the OS is accounted for is less than 10GB which just doesn't cut it.

Cheers,

Jason

Vodafone Ninja

Message 4 of 6 (179 Views)

Wait, so you've already erased and formatted it then it still wouldn't let you? From my understanding, Samsung was one of the main MFG who did. We're running a test of a staff members handset now to see a few options. Will post results. 

Regards,
^Zane

Vodafone Ninja

Message 5 of 6 (176 Views)

Ah okay, so our Ultra 6 can't either which is a bummer. What I might suggest though(can't test this ourselves cos everyone has iPhone or Samsung here in our team) is to see if you can put the SD in someone elses Android device that runs Marshmallow and try formatiing it there for internal storage and then reinserting into your device. It's a total reach but could be worth it if it works! 

Let me know how you go

Regards,
^Zane

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 6 (170 Views)
Thanks Zane, sounds like a good strategy to try anyway. I'll give it a go & let you know how I get on.
Posted from Android 6.0
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today